Horse Racing: UK Flats

Kingman

16 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

On a bit of a dry run. Have not won for a few weeks. Another shite day today. The buzz is great off the nags, but it proper gets to me when I have a bad run. It's rare I go E/W as it takes the edge off it for me, but by not going E/W the dry run goes on a bit longer. Roly poly came in today, but Marie of Lyon ran a right mare, and that was my double gone. Here's to next Saturday :)

How much do you spend on gambling?

I have the odd bet for only for the one quid here and there. 

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

How much do you spend on gambling?

I have the odd bet for only for the one quid here and there. 

£20 a week is the maximum I try to keep to. Now and again it might be 30, but that's rare. When the national, Cheltenham, royal ascot, the Derby etc are on, then I will allow myself around 40. This week I've only done 15 quid though, and I won't gamble now until Saturday. I think it's quite reasonable considering I like a gamble. Only bet on football and horses. Don't do fruit machines, roulette, or any other form of gambling. 

3.05 Cougar Mountain 7/1... 4.20 Simply Ned 5/1... 4.25 Arkwrisht 6/1... 

At a price!.. 2.40 Some Reign 10/1... 3.40 Tidals Baby 25/1... 5.15 Nietzsche 33/1... 5.20 The Last Leg 20/1... 5.45 Captain Cullen 14/1...

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Expensive error today: changed my mind on Ghaiyyath (won at 11/4, available earlier at 10/3) and went with Purser (3rd) instead in a trixie that featured Kew Gardens (won at 13/8) and Awesome Tank (won at 3s).

I'd be so mad at myself. 

US Navy Flag came in for me today at 5/1. I thought it was a pretty obvious choice. 

• Like 1

Plenty in the tank sir!.. 

2.15 Joe Farrell 7/1... 3.50 Ballyoisin 4/1... 4.25 Bilko 6/1... 5.00 Granny Biddy 4/1... 

At A Price!... 2.05 Be Rude Not To 16/1... 3.15 Grandma Dotty 40/1... 3.25 Forgotten Gold 16/1... 

12 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Big day of racing tomorrow with all of the big guns out. 

Yeah sure is pal, Order of St George, Harry Angel, Carravagio, Bateel, Hydrangea, Ribchester, Churchill, Barney Roy, Cracksman to name a few. 

Some interesting French raiders to. 

Not much of a tip but i guess punters on SP Favs will be well into the black come HT. 

It's hard to bet against the favourites but I fancy Stradivarius at 7s. 

At a price and with the weather to suit I'm looking at 

Here comes when 20/1

Withernsea 28/1 

The treble 

Harry Angel 

Ribchester 

Bateel 

I've not had the balls to do it, but I've had an incline about Donjuan Triumphant at 28/1 who was yesterday at 40s. Is in good form and will absolutely love the ground.hes been in my mind all week, but is really up against it in a quality field.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's hard to bet against the favourites but I fancy Stradivarius at 7s. 

At a price and with the weather to suit I'm looking at 

Here comes when 20/1

Withernsea 28/1 

The treble 

Harry Angel 

Ribchester 

Bateel 

I've not had the balls to do it, but I've had an incline about Donjuan Triumphant at 28/1 who was yesterday at 40s. Is in good form and will absolutely love the ground.hes been in my mind all week, but is really up against it in a quality field.

Im more excited than a dog with a belly full of pi55 with a line of trees to go at :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Same here :) been waiting all week. 

At A Price Mud Monkeys!.. 1.25 Duretto 12/1... 2.00 Donjuan Triumphant 33/1... 2.40 The Juliet Rose 20/1... 3.15 Here Comes When 25/1... 3.50 Recoletos 20/1... 

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

At A Price Mud Monkeys!.. 1.25 Duretto 12/1... 2.00 Donjuan Triumphant 33/1... 2.40 The Juliet Rose 20/1... 3.15 Here Comes When 25/1... 3.50 Recoletos 20/1... 

I'm on Here comes when and I've ended up taking a punt on donjuan triumphant. 

Â