Mourinho for Villa

Amo69

Who would you prefer as Villa manager?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer as Villa manager?

• Jose 'The Special One' Mourinho
    • Martin O'Neill

I rate Mourinho but i do O'Neill too, ok Mourinho has the better record so far but O'Neill is more likeable, trustworthy and intelligent. They are both imo at their best when they are underdogs. They do not create flair teams but rather ones that are hard to break down. In many ways Mourinho had to try and use tactics to create this atmosphere of togetherness at Chelsea by constantly highlighting things that were against them.

I'd rather keep O'Neill by a long way, though i cant in all honesty argue against Mourinho's record. O'Neill just fits what Villa is all about imo and i like the work he has done so far on the team and our style of play and potential. We beat Chealsea the other week you know! :D

Mourinho has led a charmed life as a football manager. I'm tempted to say his decline has come hand in hand with the demise of Makalele. Not quite a one man team but close. His man management was not good, player power rising to the surface and has been totally undermined by an owner wanting instant gratification. The director of football position obviously doesn't fit with someone possessed with an ego. Tactically weak and insecure of his own abilities, little they are.

No thanks I'll have Martin O'Neil.

If in an amazing twist MON resigned and Mourinho took over how would we react?

i would be happy. very happy. i think moaninho is a great manager, with or without money, as he proved at both porto & chelsea.

i like MON a lot too, but JM's achievements speak for themsleves. great entertainer too, a bit like JG.

Mind you, so is MON.

Mourinho has led a charmed life as a football manager. I'm tempted to say his decline has come hand in hand with the demise of Makalele. Not quite a one man team but close. His man management was not good, player power rising to the surfaceand has been totally undermined by an owner wanting instant gratification. The director of football position obviously doesn't fit with someone possessed with an ego. Tactically weak and insecure of his own abilities, little they are.

what a lot of uninformed rubbish this seems to be.

can you back any of these statements up?

Not quite a one man team, but close? please expand? you think Chelsea were a one man team and that CM was that man? :shock:

why are you ignoring his porto record too? :?

Glad O'Neill seems more loyal then some on here. ;)

Since the Chelsea job may be available no doubt you'd all throw dogs abuse at him if he decided to take it. How ironic!

If it's a hypothetical 'who's the better manager' then fair enough, but if anyone is actually suggesting we try for him then shame on you! :evil:

Mourinho has led a charmed life as a football manager. I'm tempted to say his decline has come hand in hand with the demise of Makalele. Not quite a one man team but close. His man management was not good, player power rising to the surface and has been totally undermined by an owner wanting instant gratification. The director of football position obviously doesn't fit with someone possessed with an ego. Tactically weak and insecure of his own abilities, little they are.

what a lot of uninformed rubbish this seems to be.

can you back any of these statements up?

Not quite a one man team, but close? please expand? you think Chelsea were a one man team and that CM was that man? :shock:

why are you ignoring his porto record too? :?

Can I back any of these statements up? Who are you, Special Branch?

You've answered the second question by quoting me.

Its my opinion and I won't be drawn into 'I know more about Football than you' argument.

I will say this. As soon as someone sarts talking about themselves in the third person and calling themselves the 'Special One' its game over.

If in an amazing twist MON resigned and Mourinho took over how would we react?

Well...let put it this way. I rate both managers, but Mourinho for me is in another class...even if I dislike his moaning he is a very highly skilled manager and he has a very good eye for talent. I just think Mourinho is a better manager overall. Put aside all money invested I still think he is one of the best in the world. MON isnt that..he is one of the best in Great Britain and maybe top 20 in Europe...maybe...

I would be shocked if Abramovich went for MON..dont think so really...

I voted for Jose Mourinho because he is simply a better manager...for me there isnt any doubts. I would though, like to say, that I am happy with MON and that I think he is good for Villa...still...we are talking about two managers of different class.

Â