Mourinho for Villa

Amo69

Who would you prefer as Villa manager?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer as Villa manager?

• Jose 'The Special One' Mourinho
    • Martin O'Neill

What has MON done for us except a mid-table finish and a couple of dodogy transfer market buys, and a defeat to pretty ordinary Man City.

When we get only a point or a loss to Everton people will start realising he isn't all that.

And I still don't see what MON has achieved except for a few poxy titles in Scotland where Petrov looked a player?

:?

What has MON done for us except a mid-table finish and a couple of dodogy transfer market buys, and a defeat to pretty ordinary Man City.

When we get only a point or a loss to Everton people will start realising he isn't all that.

And I still don't see what MON has achieved except for a few poxy titles in Scotland where Petrov looked a player?

Every season that MON has been a manager, his team have performed better than anticipated and won games and competitions that they were not expected to win. That's why he's so highly rated. It's been a theme throughout his career. Aside from the Champions League win, Jose has won games and competitions that he WAS expected to win. Well done to Jose for winning the Euro cup but is it that much more of an achievement than Leicester winning a cup? Relatively speaking?

But anyway... I've always said the Villa job is MON's toughest test. Expectations are huge and so is the competition. In Scotland expectation was equally high but there wasn't much in the way of competition. He's not perfect but he's doing okay.

I wonder if Newcastle or Citeh fans are also slating their managers for not winning anything after 10 mins or is it just a villa thing?

FWIW I think that Mourinho is a great manager, agree with everything you've said about his time at Porto and Chelsea, but to criticise MON for not being as successful as Mourinho is just plain daft. The Chelsea that Mourinho inherited was miles better than the team MON inherited at VP. If MON is to be criticised for not being as successful as JM then the same is true of all the managers in the Prem with the exception of SAF and Wenger.

4 straight 10 finishes with Leicester perhaps and two trophies. Whisper it quietly but they're actually the most successful midlands club of the last 10 years.

And judging MON after one season ffs. Last season we actually gained more points than we had in 3 of the previous 4 seasons.

4 straight 10 finishes with Leicester perhaps and two trophies. Whisper it quietly but they're actually the most successful midlands club of the last 10 years.

And judging MON after one season ffs. Last season we actually gained more points than we had in 3 of the previous 4 seasons.

Well said mate. Mourinho is a fantastic manager, no doubt about it but would I swap him for MON? Not on your nelly! MON is a builder that builds continuing success, not a flash in the pan turn players into winners but unsure what to do when those said players have reached their peak type manager. Not knocking Mourinho here as I do really respect the guy but he doesn't have a history of building for continued success. He did well at Porto sure, but then he got a better offer and jumped ship. Not the manager I would want here IMO. I want a manager who builds the profile of the club for 5 years+ and turns our club into a club of reaching our potential...not a manager who can turn a club into reaching it's potential for a few years and judging by his record goes wrong after that. That said, I do believe I would be ecstatic if he took the England job as if there's anyone who can bring us glory in that platform it's this guy. BUT! We've had too many false dawns at Villa and I for one believe the dawn of MON is a dawn that will reach it's daytime and it's full sunny goodness! :D

EDIT: Oh look, Villa shown in the main BBC 10PM news for Mourinho leaving :D

Hmm....Jose Mourinho as manager; there's a thought!

"Hello, Mr Lerner Sir. I wish to buy John Terry from my previous club, Chelsea"

"Ok Jose, no problem...How Much?"

"Just 30m and 120k a week for very good player. Real Bargain sir, and we soon win title"

Don't think there's be any Mr.Harewood's if Jose was in charge! ;)

MON is massively overrated by the media for what he has actually done.

Mourinho has actually done what MON gets similar hype for, when MON has not been even close to!

That's an absurdly simplistic and quite frankly inaccurate view, Jez.

You're turning into Malcolm.

I don't think so. Mourinho won the CL with Porto, then the prem with Chelsea in his first season.. of course he spent a fortune, but turning them into a team in his first season was an awesome achievement.

Mourinho has actually done what MON gets similar hype for, when MON has not been even close to!

I don't think so. Mourinho won the CL with Porto, then the prem with Chelsea in his first season.. of course he spent a fortune, but turning them into a team in his first season was an awesome achievement.

That wasn't the point I was making, Jose Mourinho is a fantastic manager.

Sometimes I think Mourinho didnt do himself justice by taking over a Chelsea. Every manager would love a massive transfer kitty but with it comes ridiculous expectations, owner wanting superstars instead of team players, no credit for achievement etc etc.

Mourinho has brought a lot of youth players from clubs in England and abroad as he is trying to build for the future. However that is something that is impossible at Chelsea as its a league and a champions league or your out of a job. How is meant to build a young team for years to come if thats the expectation every year?

I'd like to see him take over a club on the rise where he is left to manage the team how he feels fit and is also given time to build with a long term plan. Similar to the luxury MON has with us. Then he can again show why he is the special one the way he did at Porto.

I'm happy with MON, if for any reason O'Neill left then i'd happily take Mourinho.

I wouldn't trust any world manager to understand the current situation and manage our growth, i think MON is 100% suited for the job.

I'm also astounded that some factions have so little belief in our manager when our owners back him to the hilt. Surely the conviction of such a collection of intelligent minds should easy some worries.

Can we all at least agree that if you gave Martin O'Neill a half decent team and a few hundred million quid to spend on it, he would win the Premiership?

That wasn't the point I was making, Jose Mourinho is a fantastic manager.

Whats the point you are making then? Mine is what Risso has pointed out, Mourinho has won everything all the big ones, MON has not but the way the media goes on you would have thought he has won it all!

This is not saying i dont want MON or think he is crap, before anyone gets all upset and kicks off at me!

i'm not saying MON is better or worse than the special one,but where ever he has managed he has been succesful as has Mourinho.

what he done with leicester was amazing,there's no way he could have done any more

celtic under MON or Mourinho were never going to win the champions league,the fact that they got to the uefa cup final and beat by an extra time goal is a hell of an achievement in itself.it was hardly the shock of the century that a club of portos standing won it.

Mourinho winning the european cup was a superb achievement there's no doubt about

it but porto are hardly european minnows,they have still reached the knockout stage in 2005 & 2007.

not just under Mourinho were they're known for producing talent as the recent selling of anderson to United and pepe to Real Madrid for £20m shows.

i live near high wycombe and what MON done with the wanderers was incredible he's a god around here.

if MON had been at porto and chelsea who knows,if Mourinho had been at leicester and celtic who knows.

all down to opinions bit i'm very happy with what we got

:D

Â