Which away day are you most looking forward to?

sidcow

I will definitely be trying to go to Elland Road, and will inevitably be going to the Custard Bowl. Quite fancy Hillsborough as well, got a mate who's a big fan so that would be good. 

I want a ripe atmosphere - not for fighting I stress, I just like noisy grounds - where makes the most racket?

40 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I just like noisy grounds - where makes the most racket?

The two noisiest UK away games I've ever been to, where the home fans made an absolute din for a prolonged period were Leeds and Newcastle (both before the grounds were as modernised as they are now). But in other visits, like a lot of grounds, they were pretty dull.

I think I will also try Hillsborough as well. Never been there but for some reason I love the shape of the curve of the side of the main stand that you usually see on TV. Also like our own Villa Park one of the last of the big "proper" football grounds

Edited by sidcow

On 18 April 2016 at 14:14, KHV said:

Portman Road used to be a right shit tip,  have not been there for about 25 years though so it's probably improved :lol:

The old caged away section behind the left hand goal when viewed from the TV gantry was quite small but allowed for an amazing atmosphere back in the eighties. Had quite a few good days in Suffolk.

Â