Battlefield 1

AndyC

Just popped this on after not playing any games in a couple of months.

Should have eased myself into something else, couldn't hit a barn door, amazingly I still went positive playing assault just running at objectives. Was missing people about 5 metres away.

Edited by jjaacckk91
Correcting the autocorrect

10 hours ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Just popped this on after not playing any games in a couple of months.

Should have eased myself into something else, couldn't hit a barn door, amazingly I still went positive playing assault just running at objectives. Was missing people about 5 metres away.

Are you on console or PC?

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing this again after a few months.  Seems the updates have improved a few things.  Thinking of getting the season pass.  Has anyone got the first lot of DLC? What are your thoughts?

9 hours ago, dubbs said:

Just started playing this again after a few months.  Seems the updates have improved a few things.  Thinking of getting the season pass.  Has anyone got the first lot of DLC? What are your thoughts?

Not bought premium this time around, but now you can play the new maps if you party up with someone who has premium.  The caveat is that you cannot get any XP and you cannot use the new weapons (unless you pick them up from corpses).

The new maps feel very tight infantry wise, they seem big, but are actually pretty small.  Good fun though, seem to be more trenches in this one.

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

@lapal_fanJust saw your Battlefield career stats. 119k kills??? Over 1500 hours played?? Do you ever sleep :D

If I sleep, how can I kill? :P 

This is the only game I play.  And I've had BF2, BC2, BF3, BF4 & BF1 - so not too bad ;) 

• Like 1

On 14/04/2017 at 11:40, dubbs said:

Anyone seen a good deal for the premium pass on ps4 for this? Cheapest I've seen is 36 quid. 

It won't get much cheaper than that mate, bf4 stayed the same price until about end of year 2, then it went to 15 quid, then the week before bf1, it was free.

It'll likely be the same for this.  I will let you know though if I see anything!

I haven't got it this time around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this games been out a while now, but being a self employed married man means im hard pressed to find the time to play ps4..

Ive just picked this up with the expansions, any tips for multiplayer?

Its frantic, maybe im gettin old and my reactions arnt what they use to be but il be **** if I can stay alive much.

Half the prob seems to be ive got shit load outs atm compared to most

Any tips

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

I know this games been out a while now, but being a self employed married man means im hard pressed to find the time to play ps4..

Ive just picked this up with the expansions, any tips for multiplayer?

Its frantic, maybe im gettin old and my reactions arnt what they use to be but il be **** if I can stay alive much.

Half the prob seems to be ive got shit load outs atm compared to most

Any tips

All the basic load outs are usable - they really aren't bad in anyway.  The secret is to use them in the correct way.  Got a sub-machine gun with assault?  be agressive, close the gap (FLANK) because at long range, you'll get out damaged.  Also, assault is the ANTI-TANK (or anti anything heavily armoured) class - shoot your rocket-gun at tanks, throw your anti tank grenades - at tanks! KILL ALL THE TANKS! 

Got a semi automatic rifle (medic)?  Stay around 30-70m away from the enemy and you'll get a 3 or 4 shot kill (depending on the rifle you use), don't forget to drop plenty of medic packs/bags and revive fallen comrades either (plenty of ass hats do that and it drives other players nuts) 

Got a fully automatic machine gun (support?) - if you have anything with more than 40 rounds in a mag - lay some fire down!  Suppress the enemy, it'll make them less accurate.  Use your ammo count to "out fire" the enemy - they'll have to reload soon!  Drop ammo crates/packs - again, if you don't do this - you're an ass hat.  People need bullets! 

Got a rifle (recon)? - stay back, your rounds do way more damage than anything else in the game (providing they hit their target).  2 shot kill whatever distance, 1 shot kill in each guns "sweet spot".  What you don't have in fire rate, you make up for in raw 1 v 1 power.  If you have flares, fire them onto objectives!  They make the enemy players appear on the mini map for all your team - it's especially useful! 

The idea is, choose your favourite class, your play style and use the kit in that way.  Short distance (Assault definitely, support less so, medic even less so, sniper nope).  Medium distance (Medics say hi, support says alright, sniper says hmmm maybe and assaults say nope).  Long range (sniper says oh hell yea, medics say go on then, support says i'll try assault says gtfo).

Either way, whatever you do - play the objective! You get more points, thus ranking up faster, unlocking stuff faster and being better faster.

K/D - don't worry about it, it'll improve (mine started at 1.2 on Bad Company 2, then 2 on BF3, then 2.8 on BF4 and now it's 3.4 on BF1).  My point is, learning how to play the game will make you better.  

If you know other people who play this game, the **** play it with them! It makes SUCH a difference, it's not even funny.  Being able to talk about what to do, where to go, who's shooting you and from where is a massive advantage.  Also, if you have a headset, listen for footsteps and from where - makes a big difference. 

Learn about spawning.  Lots of very new players always start from the very beginning - you don't have to.  If your team "owns" an objective, you can spawn on it and you can spawn on SQUAD MATES - if you're not in a squad, get yourself in one in the menus. 

Another very important tip is knowing the maps.  You'll only learn this by playing, seeing where people generally go and how they play.  Practice makes better. 

If you're dying a lot, you're doing something wrong.  If you're dying a lot, it means you're either playing your kit wrong, you're in a bad situation and sometimes it's just bad luck - you can always learn a lot from videos on youtube!  

Here's some of my raw gameplay (bits where I did ok)

Sniping;

Support play;

PTFO!

This is a good video for anyone getting into a Battlefield game. Even though it's about 10 years old or something, the fundamentals haven't changed. 

**** Bad Company 2 was such a good game.

Edited by PieFacE

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

PTFO!

This is a good video for anyone getting into a Battlefield game. Even though it's about 10 years old or something, the fundamentals haven't changed. 

**** Bad Company 2 was such a good game.

did I send you that first?

I used to send that to people on here when they went onto bf3 & 4! 

He's right @Fowlersrs, that video is still very much applicable to any of the bf games :) 

38 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

did I send you that first?

I used to send that to people on here when they went onto bf3 & 4! 

He's right @Fowlersrs, that video is still very much applicable to any of the bf games :) 

ha nope! I first watched that when getting in BC2 all those years ago. :D 

Â