Battlefield 1

AndyC

Surely we are very close to some info or a trailer now?

Strong rumours about it being set in WW1 and a release date of Q3 2016. If true wont the weaponry be limited? Anybody got any other info/rumours?

This will be a release day purchase for me.

Yup I've read that they are going back to an older war which I think would be great. There's just too many modern shooters now.

I think they would almost be better in creating a fictional "older" war (similar to WW1/WW2), so they can have a bit of creative freedom with guns and vehicles otherwise like you say, they will be quite limited and it's all been done before.

None of this wall running stuff please.

They also make Command & Conquer games now.  I'm thinking a BF set in the 30s/40s with that little bit of sci-fi in it could be pretty fun :) Tesla Coils.

But I think it'll be WW2.  If it's BF2142, then they already have Battle Front and it would be silly.  They've done modern and near future in BF2/BF3/BF4 now..

WW1 would be strange.  Don't think it's really been done before.  There are loads of weapons from that period, so it wouldn't be terrible.

I just think a WW2 time, with it's more modern theatres, better tech and less trench warfare would be brilliant.

WW1 doesn't really work well as a first person shooter though.  It was pretty horrible, troops would live in a hole in a field for a few months getting rained on by mud and stones from all the shelling, then they'd either be killed by mustard gas or by being told to run through barbed wire towards a machine gun. Yuck. 

I always thought there was too many guns in bf4, I don't know about you guys but I have my favs and rarely change or try anything new.

WW1 works for me on paper, It will be brutal and messy.

if not ww1 then maybe they could invent ww3, maybe around the time of the cold war.

I always thought there was too many guns in bf4, I don't know about you guys but I have my favs and rarely change or try anything new.

WW1 works for me on paper, It will be brutal and messy.

if not ww1 then maybe they could invent ww3, maybe around the time of the cold war.

Not teaching you to suck eggs or anything, but almost all of the weapons have their uses in bf4.

What are your favourites?

If it's famas/aek etc then you're going to want to play more infantry focused, tight maps.

If you're going scar-h/ak12 etc, you are playing the long, accurate game.

There is literally a gun for all play styles and i think the balance now between all the guns is absolutely perfect.

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

They also make Command & Conquer games now.  I'm thinking a BF set in the 30s/40s with that little bit of sci-fi in it could be pretty fun :) Tesla Coils.

But I think it'll be WW2.  If it's BF2142, then they already have Battle Front and it would be silly.  They've done modern and near future in BF2/BF3/BF4 now..

WW1 would be strange.  Don't think it's really been done before.  There are loads of weapons from that period, so it wouldn't be terrible.

I just think a WW2 time, with it's more modern theatres, better tech and less trench warfare would be brilliant.

If they went for a sort of Wolfenstein styled online shooter I'd be all over that. Too many games being made to check boxes rather than be fun.

if they could get "over the top" to work as a gameplay mechanism then it could be awesome, i dont see how you could though, littlish map, trenches at each end, defensive positions, pot holes etc... now run at each other at hope for the best...that'd be fun in my head

49 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Not teaching you to suck eggs or anything, but almost all of the weapons have their uses in bf4.

What are your favourites?

If it's famas/aek etc then you're going to want to play more infantry focused, tight maps.

If you're going scar-h/ak12 etc, you are playing the long, accurate game.

There is literally a gun for all play styles and i think the balance now between all the guns is absolutely perfect.

cz805 for assault or the g36 on engineer, also use the ace53 sv with infa ref sight. That's all I need.

on topic: Trench warfare sounds great to me, conquest in no mans land...

cz805 for assault or the g36 on engineer, also use the ace53 sv with infa ref sight. That's all I need.

on topic: Trench warfare sounds great to me, conquest in no mans land...

G36c is pretty woeful. [emoji39]

I do like the cz though, massively underrated gun by many.

I'm not overly keen on the DMR's either, i usually under perform with them. Saying that, have you tried the ssr sniper rifle?it's a long distance DMR and hits like a truck.

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

G36c is pretty woeful. emoji39.png

I do like the cz though, massively underrated gun by many.

I'm not overly keen on the DMR's either, i usually under perform with them. Saying that, have you tried the ssr sniper rifle?it's a long distance DMR and hits like a truck.

each to their own :)

I probably have tried it but it cant have stuck on me. Just been on for last couple of hrs, if I'd of read this earlier I'd of tried it out. Dmr with infa red, they drop like flies at medium range.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The WW1 rumour came from a store listing that likely made a typo, the listing was likely for WW2 but alas with anything on the internet it's hard to erase what many first read. I've seen all sorts of rumours and info from pre-alpha of the game being future based, to Battlefield 5: Eastern Fronts a World War 2 setting being the title. The issue with these leaks is they are often genuine but by former staff members that left when the project was far younger and plans may have changed without them knowing, so it's hard to know what we are going to get.

All I'm gonna say is I hope it's not future warfare as we have enough of that.. Titanfall 1 and 2, Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 2 and 3, Infinite Warfare, Halo 5 and there are probably even more I can't recall. Future warfare is a more saturated theme than WW2 was 15 years ago when everyone got sick and tired of that, I wish some shooters would pick something different to do again rather than bandwagon together.

Â