Final Fantasy VII Remake

hogso

2 minutes ago, hogso said:

That's it. A shame that some players wouldn't have stuck with it long enough to get there, it properly opened up in the truest sense. 

I've just done the last Intel report - won't say anything more than that :D wasn't too hard in the end, think I was a bit OP

What’s your PSN by the way? I’ll add ya

Just started chapter 17 and saved it ready for tomorrow. The end is nigh. Seemed to have shot up a load of levels rather quickly. Sitting on 34 at the moment.

Spoiler

Red XIII 🥰

I’m missing 7 and 22 of the musics. Gutted! Gonna have to find those later.

Blasted through this evening while waiting for the draft. 

Spoiler

Really don’t like the ending. I’m all for the padding - Added a lot to the story. But changing it so drastically into some sort of Kingdom Heart nonsense... nah, not a fan. What a shame to end it that way.

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I know exactly what you mean 

Spoiler

It's painfully Kingdom Hearts isn't it? Definitely the only part of the story for part 1 I disliked. I get wanting to make the finale 'big', but it went a bit too far. OK, a lot too far. I thought they were going to bring Roche back for the end of game boss, like he was inside the tank or whatever. I wouldve been fine with that. 

One thing I did like about it was how it absolutely embraced what final fantasy is, the scale was immense, and there were some amazing visuals - I'd happily play through the boss fights again just to see Cloud standing in front of eternity / the galaxy / the void with the Buster Sword in the corner of the shot. That was awesome. 

Will be be running it again on hard / the plat? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Spoiler

I wasn't a fan of the end either. Up until Chapter 16 I was somewhat enjoying the game, I didn't like all the padding, or the mundane side quests, or the really one dimensional writing, but I was still enjoying it. Chapter 16, 17 and 18 on the other hand were terrible as it just drags on and on and on with story exposition that wasn't super satisfying. The issue is all of that pales in comparison to Chapter 18 where they fight the whispers and delete their pre-determined futures. At this point I was really salty because as an FF7 fan I was looking forward to Part Two and visiting places I loved, and seeing events I remember fondly play out in fancy new graphics, but the second we started defeating the "arbiters of fate" it hit me that Part Two isn't Part Two, there was never a Part Two, there is just FF7: Remake and then whatever they decide to do next when they reboot the remainder of FF7's story. 

I enjoyed the combat mechanics in this game, I was a fan of all of the boss fights in this game and I absolutely adore the soundtrack in this game, it's like 156 tracks of pure gold. The issue is that in the end the three things I truly enjoy will be the only things I remember fondly of FF7: Remake. 

Spoiler

I have seen some suggestion that the role of the whispers will actually have you unable to save Aerith and she'll die anyway. Some sort of 'you can't escape fate' thing. 

Wishful thinking though, more than likely, especially as we seemingly see Zack survive at what would have been the end of CC. 

If would be pretty mad of he turns up later on. Maybe as one of the robed Sephiroth clones or something. 

I missed the extra elemental Materia at the end of chapter 14 so going to replay that now on easy before attempting hard (also going to try and do the last whack a box challenge) and also to knock those 2 trophies off. Just hard mode ones left then.

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I missed the extra elemental Materia at the end of chapter 14 so going to replay that now on easy before attempting hard (also going to try and do the last whack a box challenge) and also to knock those 2 trophies off. Just hard mode ones left then.

You mean you've done the bike one?! Hardest for me so far. Way worse than whack a box and pull ups

16 minutes ago, hogso said:

You mean you've done the bike one?! Hardest for me so far. Way worse than whack a box and pull ups

Yeah Biker Boy is done. Dropped down to easy to do it but it’s done. 

12 minutes ago, hogso said:

I think I'll have to bite the bullet and do the same. I've still got replays of chapters to do for the dresses too. 

I’ve just done the dresses. Bit of a slog. The forced walking parts really grate on you 😂

Cleared the Hard combat sims up to but not including the final one this evening. 

Spoiler

Didn't learn Bad Breath though, despite being in control of the character who had Enemy Skill equipped - who was hit with it twice. Damn. Nevermind. Will have to give it another run until I get it! 

10 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’ve got hard mode completion, Pride and Joy, Enemy Skills and Marlboro trophies left.

Might try for the latter 2 and see how I get on. 

How did you get on with learning Enemy Skills so far? I learnt the first 3 straight off the bat, so I had assumed the final one would be as simple. Not the case. The materia itself actually says 'a chance to learn an enemy skill', or words to that effect. I've done a bit of research, and although there's nothing official, Bad Breath does anecdotally appear to have a lower chance to learn than the others.

How much non-green materia have you maxed so far? I've got one maxed out HP Plus, 2 on +40% and another 3 on +30%. My goal was to get 2x +50% for each member of a 3 party team, but it's a bit of a grind. I took out the monsters of legend sim using what I've got, so perhaps having that set up would be OTT! Got a bunch of MP Plus and Magic Plus growing too, but not maxed out, as well as a few other luxuries like Luck Plus.

Just now, hogso said:

How did you get on with learning Enemy Skills so far? I learnt the first 3 straight off the bat, so I had assumed the final one would be as simple. Not the case. The materia itself actually says 'a chance to learn an enemy skill', or words to that effect. I've done a bit of research, and although there's nothing official, Bad Breath does anecdotally appear to have a lower chance to learn than the others.

How much non-green materia have you maxed so far? I've got one maxed out HP Plus, 2 on +40% and another 3 on +30%. My goal was to get 2x +50% for each member of a 3 party team, but it's a bit of a grind. I took out the monsters of legend sim using what I've got, so perhaps having that set up would be OTT! Got a bunch of MP Plus and Magic Plus growing too, but not maxed out, as well as a few other luxuries like Luck Plus.

I think I've only learned Self Destruct so far, so not well.

Pray and Chakra I've got 3 of each maxed. Purple wise all except the HP/MP/Magic/Luck are maxed - but most of these are on the 4th level so not far.

Some interesting stuff coming out of the Ultimania (a Japanese collectors book with behind the scenes info, concepts drawings and such) 

Now that I think about these two they make perfect sense, but flew way over my head at the time

Spoiler

The 3 Whispers who combine to summon Whisper Bahumut (if assessed they say something like they are entities from a future timeline) are Loz, Yazoo and Kadaj from Advent Children. If fate remains on track, Cloud defeats Sephiroth in the crater at the end of OG, and his 'spirit' then creates those three, setting up AC. If fate is altered, they will never exist. 

The other is that the lab discovered underneath Sector 7 is Deepground from Dirge of Cerberus. 

I'm in my hard playthrough now (and it's been a breeze so far honestly, think I'm comfortably OP), and having finished a second Normal playthrough before this one, I have to say the final chapter is growing on me. 

It's ridiculously meta of course, and yeah some assurances about what we're going to see in future games would be great, but...I'm kinda excited by the possibilities now, fully accepting that might mean we don't see some places in the same way as before. 

Â