Final Fantasy VII Remake

hogso

@hogso not as enjoyable as I thought I would, used x3 for a huge chunk of the game, I'll admit I used the limit break ability too often whilst grinding and knowing about the cactaurs meant my GFs were overpowered

I love triple triad but spread random everywhere which pissed me off and I couldn't be bothered with the reset trick

Agree about squall being a moody **** and the characters this time didn't do much of anything for me, no real variance in them, as soon as you can draw big magic the game is done

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone know a supplier who has gone early? 

I've not pre ordered, might buy it now if I know it will be delivered

Some talk on reddit that shopto have shipped some pre orders, it's unclear if that's specific versions though, or if they would ship a copy early if you ordered today. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, hogso said:

Some talk on reddit that shopto have shipped some pre orders, it's unclear if that's specific versions though, or if they would ship a copy early if you ordered today. 

ShopTo are shipping their pre-orders right now. They seem to be doing it in order of when they received the order so those that pre-ordered on a whim a couple years ago will likely have the game tomorrow.

The talk of ShopTo shipping orders early has caused ShopTo to sell out in the last couple hours so quite a few will unfortunately miss out. 

ShopTo are now listing it as In Stock again and it's no longer a pre-order. The listing says "If you order now we will dispatch it tomorrow" so it seems ShopTo have been given the same go ahead to sell early from Square Enix as retailers in Australia, Germany and France.

@villa4europe @hogso

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

Like the idea of this and enjoyed the demo but I've honestly little appetite for shelling out for something that is going to need to be stretched out so much (especially if this first installment is just getting out of Midgar) that the whole thing spans across multiple console gens with no indication of just how many installments that will ultimately entail or a possible timeline for the complete release.  Even with it's popularity, to my mind that's no guarantee it'll go the whole distance so I'd rather wait however many years for them to finish the whole thing (if they manage it) and then buy the inevitable "complete package special edition" or whatever.

That said, my misty-eyed time with the demo has inspired me to fire up the original again, with the intention of utterly 100%-ing absolutely everything (every character level 99, every possible attainable item/equipment, every possible piece of materia mastered etc.) as well as undertaking some personal challenges (with the ground-rule that I can use the 3 x speed mod only, none of the others). 

To that end, I was immensely pleased (after an unholy amount of level/limit grinding) to kick Midgar Zolom's teeth down the back of his throat on the first encounter:

Having Beta this early is going to make the next few hours of gameplay an absolute cakewalk.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

both RE3 and FF7 have shipped from shopto :D just got to hope postman fritz isn't slowed down

@GarethRDR have you seen anyway of disabling the mods? i'll give 7, 9 and maybe 10 another go on game pass when they get released (still think it makes sense for that to be soon and tie in to the hype around the remake) and it took a massive edge off 8

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

@GarethRDR have you seen anyway of disabling the mods?

On the PS4 port it's just clicking the same buttons to enable/disable: Left thumbstick in = 3 x speed on/off; right thumbstick in = limit gauge fill + hp/mp restored; both thumbsticks in = no encounters.

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

On the PS4 port it's just clicking the same buttons to enable/disable: Left thumbstick in = 3 x speed on/off; right thumbstick in = limit gauge fill + hp/mp restored; both thumbsticks in = no encounters.

yep 8 is the same on xbox, my problem was the temptation to do the right thumbstick during a gruelling battle, especially at the castle at the end when you cant save and have the mini boss battles

the x3 meant that I was overpowered and meant that I wasn't going through most battle set ups properly, call in Cerberus to get triple, scan, haste, regen, shell, protect, carbuncle, instead I could just spam attack (knowing how to junction properly this time helped)

I completed the game in 27 hours, maybe around 75% done, now going back to an old save before the final act kicked in but the game is still missing something big for me

id like to disable them completely through the options

Ah I'm with you now.  Yup, the temptation is so very, very strong.  I reached a point with the limit leveling that I was a fraction away from going "sod it" as I hadn't gotten to the Mythril Mines yet, but then got Aeris' Fury Brand which sped things along.  I don't think there is a way to disable the option to use them.

55 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

"Working" from home has definitely helped immensely in that regard.

If You Know What I Mean GIFs | Tenor

I wish I had the luxury of being on my own so I could take advantage. Unfortunately wife and child keep distracting me.

My interest in this is very reliant on how much of FF7 this ultimately is. Appreciating that they've expanded out the sections, it's still ultimately the first chapter in a much bigger story, which might, as @GarethRDR says, be years away from being finished. If ever.

If they can make this feel like a well rounded thing in its own right, that doesn't feel like it's padded to **** or that abruptly ends, I'll be more open to jumping on board in the near future. 

I've played about 3 hours so far and can assure you it is padded to ****, and the pacing is just plain bad as a result. The camera can be a pain in the arse, and feels too close to Cloud most of the time for my liking. It also feels too easy on normal mode (you must unlock hard after clearing it once), once you realise how to tackle each mob, it's not challenging in slightest (although admittedly I am very early in), especially for those with a version of the game where you have a summon/s basically from the start. 

It's also undeniably the Final Fantasy 7 Remake I was hoping for. The world of Midgar is realised fantastically well, there's a faultless attention to detail, the characters feel genuine (although the npc dialogue can be a little grating (for pete's sake when you play it turn off their subtitles)), for example the Slums feel like slums...I'm loving it, but as I've said numerous times before, I'm a diehard fan boy, so it would have to be dreadful for me not to take any pleasure from it. 

Â