Concentration

Mantis

Obviously there are a number of reasons why we are where we are and this by no means one of the main ones but there seems to be a huge concentration issue at the club. We regularly concede goals inside the first 20 minutes and today we conceded almost immediately after the long stoppage in play for the Gomes injury.

Problem is, how do you fix it? We'll be murdered next season in the Championship if we don't sort this out (among many other things).

Quality is the answer. We have none bar Richards, we are gonna need a good £60m in Jan to keep us up. The team is no where near good enough, and it all stems to the end of the oneill era and Lerner cutting budgets, bet if he knew then what would happen now, bet oneill still be in charge and we be top 6 side.

^

If we still spent like we did under O'Neill the club would be bust. O'Neill is massively overrated. I think the problem was that Lerner cut too fast and made some bad decisions appointing certain managers.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's a team of buffoons, no accountability, no mental strength, and has you say, no concentration. Our defence is absolutely horrific, every single one of them.

Yeah that's true as well.

I actually think there's more quality in the squad than some people give them credit for BUT in their heads they are surely among the most pathetic wretches ever to have played in the Premier League.

Edited by Mantis

I think the players are lacking so much confidence they really need to admit it to themselves and go back to basics. So many instances today we gave the ball away trying to play it out of our own half. Maybe they are capable of playing decent football but they need to accept at the moment it's not working. We seriously need to turn ugly. Play long balls up to Gestede, clear it to row Z first instance we get. Get **** stuck in! If Garde and the team think we can get out of this mess playing neat and tidy football then we may as well start preparing for the Championship right now.

Â