Who's to blame?

Marka Ragnos

Who's mostly to blame?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who's mostly to blame for our current predicament?

• The Players
    • A Certain Former Manager (name below, please)
    • Randy
    • Timmy
    • The Supporters (or lack)
    • The Football Gods
    • A Nasal Conspiracy
    • The Premier League
    • Historical Forces
    • Other (name below, please)

the fans, we expect too much :ph34r:

I disagree, I think we ( the fans) have been extremely tolerant to all the poor decisions that have been made by staff of the club in recent years.....we deserve better, particularly the away fans

However, It is folly to be turning on a manager so early in his stewardship, when there has been so much change.

I am not advocating, everything is ok and I'm not advocating that all is well....we have problems.....but he needs us right now.

He is clearly, hurt by the start, as we are .....I know its a bit of a cliche......but we really do need to stick together at present.

i was only joking, personally i think we have every good reason to be pissed off.

the fans, we expect too much :ph34r:

I disagree, I think we ( the fans) have been extremely tolerant to all the poor decisions that have been made by staff of the club in recent years.....we deserve better, particularly the away fans

However, It is folly to be turning on a manager so early in his stewardship, when there has been so much change.

I am not advocating, everything is ok and I'm not advocating that all is well....we have problems.....but he needs us right now.

He is clearly, hurt by the start, as we are .....I know its a bit of a cliche......but we really do need to stick together at present.

i was only joking, personally i think we have every good reason to be pissed off.

Fine, We are all pissed off.....but it ain't getting us anywhere.

I am pretty sure I know whats wrong, but so what, so do others I guess.....but its only the manager and players that can solve it.

Tom Fox, he said on cup final day he had interviews Sherwood over 3 days.

Lambert was sacked on Tuesday night / Wednesday morning and Sherwood was announced on the Saturday. You do the maths.............

Not convinced anyone else ever had a look in which if true is a huge gamble.

the ultimate blame is with the manager as he buys the players, the gamble in awye,gested,has not worked,sorry but the Premier League has no time,its a game at the end of the day & players are bought & paid to do their job,

the awye signing feels the worst as the cost of 10m compared to his brother fee (free) ,typical that one is scoreing & one is not

the goal keeping has been a thorn & were still suffering from it,

we were 1 point from the drop last year,from the evidence of the season so far the same wont be repeated this time around,

the blues will win tomorrow & the manager will "focus" on the league but poor players will be poor players

Perhaps we should have spent £ 32.5 mill on a striker and the goals would be flowing now......not<_<

the player you mean has kept this club in the league for the past few years with his flowing goals -fact

Our last ten in the league reads - W3 D1 L6 - 10 points from 10, which is relegation form. 

I don't see enough in Sherwood to justify waiting around for him to possibly come good. I think the club needs to be bold and just get rid. 

well actually if we continued at that rate we'd be on 38 which has kept us up for the last few years!! You seem to forget Sherwoods impact when he arrived when we would've been relegated if he hadn't come. That for me is enough reason to give him long enough to get his team winning. 6 games isn't long enough. We still haven't fielded our strongest 11 or let the new signings settle. 

Frankly playing this blame game in the context of one person is a bit pointless. 

As the owner of my business, whether or not based on the advice of others,  if I appoint someone who in an agreed period fails to deliver and meet their objectives, I am ultimately responsible and to blame. 

The person who advised me potentially and definitely the appointee would be fired, because they were both "to blame" and I have to try again to find others who are better. Fortunately as the owner no-one can fire me but my poor judgement hits me in the pocket.

More specifically talking about Sherwood, despite my concerns, it is still too early to say whether he will prove to have been the right appointment. Purely IMHO we should have appointed a more experienced manager but what is done is done. We now have to hope there is more to him than our results to date suggest. 

Lerner is now on his 5th manager in eight years. So if Sherwood doesn't work out Lerner (and Fox) will be saying - "we go again" - probably from the Championship! 

The only thing I am certain of in this "blame game" is that it is absolutely nothing to do with the fans. Through thick and thin thousands have turned up for years and decades hoping against hope that those who run or manage the club will get it right - generally our hopes have been dashed but like the captive audience that we are, we keep coming back. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna

The squad is overall quite a lot better than it was at the end of last season IMO - meaning it's the manager who isn't getting enough out of it.

fully disagree.

just because we've signed a lot of players, it doesn't mean our squad is better at all. A lot of the players we've signed aren't good enough and just because they sit on the bench, it doesn't mean we have a better squad.

Who's to blame? Whoever sanctioned Ayew and Gestede and thought they'd be good enough to replace the main reason we've stayed up for the last 3 years. 

They've had six games. Jesus. Young players from other countries take a while to settle - anybody would in a league of the Prem's competitiveness. Just calm down and get behind them. 

the ultimate blame is with the manager as he buys the players, the gamble in awye,gested,has not worked,sorry but the Premier League has no time,its a game at the end of the day & players are bought & paid to do their job,

the awye signing feels the worst as the cost of 10m compared to his brother fee (free) ,typical that one is scoreing & one is not

the goal keeping has been a thorn & were still suffering from it,

we were 1 point from the drop last year,from the evidence of the season so far the same wont be repeated this time around,

the blues will win tomorrow & the manager will "focus" on the league but poor players will be poor players

Perhaps we should have spent £ 32.5 mill on a striker and the goals would be flowing now......not<_<

the player you mean has kept this club in the league for the past few years with his flowing goals -fact

That may be so and it could be that we played a style that EVERYTHING went through him and they are not.....but the goals ain't flowing right now for £32.5 mill - fact

Frankly playing this blame game in the context of one person is a bit pointless. 

As the owner of my business, whether or not based on the advice of others,  if I appoint someone who in an agreed period fails to deliver and meet their objectives, I am ultimately responsible and to blame. 

The person who advised me potentially and definitely the appointee would be fired, because they were both "to blame" and I have to try again to find others who are better. Fortunately as the owner no-one can fire me but my poor judgement hits me in the pocket.

More specifically talking about Sherwood, despite my concerns, it is still too early to say whether he will prove to have been the right appointment. Purely IMHO we should have appointed a more experienced manager but what is done is done. We now have to hope there is more to him than our results to date suggest. 

Lerner is now on his 5th manager in eight years. So if Sherwood doesn't work out Lerner (and Fox) will be saying - "we go again" - probably from the Championship! 

The only thing I am certain of in this "blame game" is that it is absolutely nothing to do with the fans. Through thick and thin thousands have turned up for years and decades hoping against hope that those who run or manage the club will get it right - generally our hopes have been dashed but like the captive audience that we are, we keep coming back. 

You make many good points Mike, but let me take you back to your point on experience.

Many attributes make a good manager and experience is a valued commodity.....However judgment and decision making is another. Many experienced managers make poor decisions or misjudgements......I guess its the amount that count or the magnitude of their ills.

Many Managers like our Graham Taylor, when at  @ Lincoln and Gary Monk @ Swansea to name a few have shown that aforementioned  attributes can take you a long way.

not many now are mentioning Gary Monks inexperience......if you are good enough you are experienced enough.

For me, The plan was to see Tim Sherwood grow with us and become engrained in the fabric of the club ......in much the way Ron Saunders and Graham Taylor did.

The results at present are against me and the detractors have the stronger argument.....but there was much to do in this job since his take over and unless there is unlimited funds it is not easy to make so many changes required......I think he has sufficient players with Guile.....He needs a few captains or hard nosed individuals who are going rattle a few cages and not lie down and die....I would suspect he knows that , but equally some players for the future, were required too....Rome wasn't built in a day.

I fear we do have a bit of a " Here & Now  " problem that he must find a way of recovering from.....but as much as there are some signs that are not good and some of the fans who have criticised him are not wrong in their assessment.....I think he will come good......again. ( after the Liverpool semi final, he was the new messiah)

• Like 1

Â