Poland holiday

welnik

Krakow - nice town centre with  a castle and various bars and restuarants ... salt mines just out of town are well worth a visit and you can go see a death camp as well

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Just got back from Sopot  , we had to keep asking waitresses if they had charged us for all the  meals and drinks as it was always so cheap ,

Arguably the best lads holiday I've ever been on ( and there's been rather a lot !! )

It's quite a small beach resort but with loads of bars and clubs , all very chilled and friendly , very cheap and some absolute stunners in the eye candy front ...

We took the train to Gdansk for the day on Sat visited the Solidarity museum for our culture tick list and then headed to the old town and did a pub crawl around there before heading back to Sopot for the night  .. even our taxi  back that held 8 but managed to fit 10 turned into a mobile disco :)

Sat night culminated in us leaving a club at 4 and then finding a club that had just shut where they re-opened for us for 30 mins and we were dancing on the bar with all the bar staff drinking shots just the 10 of us and the staff ..

I don't think I've laughed so much on one of these do's in years , from leaving the club and going skinny dipping in the sea at 5am then drinking beer on a park bench at 6am cause we didn't want to go home .. and never an atmosphere or under current of one , some of the clubs were crowded and people got pushed /bumped , always met with a smile and a "no problem" , no macho posturing to be seen anywhere

• Like 4

On 11/07/2016 at 12:50, tonyh29 said:

Just got back from Sopot  , we had to keep asking waitresses if they had charged us for all the  meals and drinks as it was always so cheap ,

Arguably the best lads holiday I've ever been on ( and there's been rather a lot !! )

It's quite a small beach resort but with loads of bars and clubs , all very chilled and friendly , very cheap and some absolute stunners in the eye candy front ...

We took the train to Gdansk for the day on Sat visited the Solidarity museum for our culture tick list and then headed to the old town and did a pub crawl around there before heading back to Sopot for the night  .. even our taxi  back that held 8 but managed to fit 10 turned into a mobile disco :)

Sat night culminated in us leaving a club at 4 and then finding a club that had just shut where they re-opened for us for 30 mins and we were dancing on the bar with all the bar staff drinking shots just the 10 of us and the staff ..

I don't think I've laughed so much on one of these do's in years , from leaving the club and going skinny dipping in the sea at 5am then drinking beer on a park bench at 6am cause we didn't want to go home .. and never an atmosphere or under current of one , some of the clubs were crowded and people got pushed /bumped , always met with a smile and a "no problem" , no macho posturing to be seen anywhere

Sounds (and looks) great Tony

What is the crowd like? Mainly locals or are there lots of tourists? 

On 17 July 2016 at 20:54, Xela said:

Sounds (and looks) great Tony

What is the crowd like? Mainly locals or are there lots of tourists? 

Few Brits , few Norweigians but mainly locals ... Even though it's not a  massive place there was a group of girls on a hen do on our flight out and we only bumped into them again a round 4 am on the 3rd night , there just seems a large choice of places to eat / drink / chill out or dance 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't think Wizzair fly to Krakow from the UK , only to Katowice and that's about a 2 hour bus journey if memory serves correctly

Easyjet fly there out of Gatwick , but presumably you are Brum based so Gatwick might be a trek

I've since looked at Katowice, doesn't look like there's a great deal there but looks like auschwitz is closer to there than Kraków, £126 for Friday to Monday in the no 1 trip advisor ranked hotel, flights from brum, will probably do auschwitz on the Saturday and then depending on what the buses are like might venture over to Kraków on the sunday

i think that's the wife's Christmas / birthday present sorted

There's literally nothing at Katowice, avoid. Fly there, get the bus to Krakow and stay there. 100000x more things to do and it's much prettier.

I'd also recommend the salt mines at Wieliczka. Fantastic day out. 10 minute drive out of Krakow.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â