My Stag - Berlin

Tayls

Guys!!! I know. I know. there is a thread set up by me for my stag in Budapest - however, after some serious consideration and debate, I am now heading to Berlin.

I think we have accommodation sorted and will be staying in Mitte on Torstrasße.

Does anyone have any good info, tips for us? We have 3 days there and are hoping to take in a Hertha Berlin game. Obviously we want some good places to enjoy some drinks and then maybe hit a strip club as well. I want safe, clean, sensible ideas gents if you have any!

Cheers all.

Edited by Tayls

Great choice! 

Berlin is an awesome city with plenty to do, I've never been for a Stag but went for my 21st some years back.

I've known people who've been out a Stag Do and based on my experience and their trip activities:

- 5 a side

- Hertha Berlin match (tickets are very cheap)

- Beer bike

- Segway tour

- Trabent Trek (Google it)

Nightlife:

- Matrix - Stag / multi-national friendly 

- Watergate

- Tresor

- Berghain

• 1 month later...

I went there on a stag do earlier this year, and I'd recommend a Union Berlin game. For a second division team, the atmosphere was brilliant and the fans are crazy. It is nearly all terraced, and the stadium is built in the middle of a forest. They have pop-up pubs/barbecues on the roads around the ground that you can go to beforehand. The Olympic stadium where Hertha play is good, however to me it was just the German Emirates/Etihad and is quite sterile. Drinks wise, I can't remember too many of the place names, but I didn't have a bad beer whilst I was there......

If go the Hertha game you get free public transport until 6am the next day, think we paid 15 euros for a ticket which wasnt too bad. stadium was ok and has quite the history. The olympic rings outside are impressive and makes you think of what happened in 1936 with Jesse Owens and Hitler

Hertha's ground 40 % empty and I think they are generally derided as one of Germany's less passionate teams.

Still a far better atmosphere than you'll find in an English game though.

Berlin must be the worst capital city in Europe when it comes to football teams

Â