Android TV Boxes

samjp26

Posting this in a new thread:

Had anybody got any advice or experience with using an Android TV box, or a small Android based computer that you plug into your TV as a means to use XBMC, On Demand services and so on.

I'm looking into getting one but I don't really know where to start in terms of hardware.

I bought one from Amazon for about £50 and it was useless. 

Think it was called the Q1. So the only advise I can give is to avoid that box.

If you want something for just XBMC (can use on-demand add-ons such as Icefilms and Genesis) then I strongly recommend using a Rapsberry Pi with Raspbmc (Pi version of XBMC now known as Kodi)

Absolutely solid :thumb:

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Yeah the Nexus Player would be the obvious choice if it was available here, something with similar specs I guess will be what I go for.

Raspberry Pi is an option but I quite like the idea of using Android, I'm familiar with it and XBMC isn't the only app I'd want to install with the likes of Mobdro popping up.

Bought one about 12 months ago and have it running Plex for my daughters TV which it does well.

Not tried XBMC even though it did come preloaded.

Have a look on the XBMC forums as when i looked in the summer there were some recommendations.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â