What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

last night I downloaded some alt country/southern rock sort of stuff

james mcmurty

shooter jennings (waylon jennings son)

and some other dude who I cant remember off the top of my head

some of the stuff sounds really good when i'm on my lunch i'll see if I can post up the names for some of the tracks (not that anyone will be interested but there we go)

oh yeah leonard cohens new album if **** great as well

rite o then mjmooney here is what I downloaded last night (I aint had a chance to listen to it all yet but I'll give opinions on what I have)

James McMurty

album - Just us kids - I really like the sound of this one, there is a track called god bless america (pat macdonald must die) which is pretty **** awesome. Its got a real drive by truckers/later steve earle sound to it

childish things - not yet listened to it

artist - shooter jennings

album - put the O back in country - only had a quick listen to this and the quality wasnt great but it didnt exactly set me alight to be honest

album - the wolf - listened to a few tracks on this one and its a bit country a bit rock a bit pop and a bit...I dunno, on first listen it is all a bit of an assault on the brain when trying to associate it with one genre but I think it will be a grower

artist - shooter jennings & Hierophant

album - black ribbons - thought this was **** great completely different to what I was expecting, psychadelic rock with a southern/country twang to it, bit messy in parts but thats to be expected when trying something like this

its a concept album with a whole load of narrative done by stephen king about the government taking control of the airwaves or something like that

really good album though I would recomend it

then i have downloaded

artist - Hayes Carll - flowers and liquor and trouble in mind but I havent listened to them yet

rite o then mjmooney here is what I downloaded last night (I aint had a chance to listen to it all yet but I'll give opinions on what I have)

James McMurty

album - Just us kids - I really like the sound of this one, there is a track called god bless america (pat macdonald must die) which is pretty **** awesome. Its got a real drive by truckers/later steve earle sound to it

album - put the O back in country - only had a quick listen to this and the quality wasnt great but it didnt exactly set me alight to be honest

album - the wolf - listened to a few tracks on this one and its a bit country a bit rock a bit pop and a bit...I dunno, on first listen it is all a bit of an assault on the brain when trying to associate it with one genre but I think it will be a grower

album - black ribbons - thought this was **** great completely different to what I was expecting, psychadelic rock with a southern/country twang to it, bit messy in parts but thats to be expected when trying something like this

its a concept album with a whole load of narrative done by stephen king about the government taking control of the airwaves or something like that

then i have downloaded

artist - Hayes Carll - flowers and liquor and trouble in mind but I havent listened to them yet

Will check those out, ta.

Did you see my earlier recommendation of Israel Nash Gripka's album "Barn Doors and Concrete Floors"? Very retro - "Let it Bleed"-era Stones/Neil Young/John Fogerty/Tom Petty/Bruce Springsteen/Steve Earle. Good stuff.

oh yeah to anyone who is into country style music, give Tim Easton a listen to

discovered him the other week got an album called ''since 1966 (part 1)''

really laid back just him an acoustic guitar and a harmonica

also I managed to find a download of an acoustic live set he done and it was **** brilliant, got a bit more life and pace than the studio album I got.

If you give him a listen then see if you can get, to katie, california bars, baltimore, cigarettes and whiskey

---------------------------------------------------------

oh yeah justin townes earles album 'harlem river blues' is pretty decent as well

I was a bit dubious about giving him a listen seeings how great his dad is and the fact he was named after Townes van zandt but it doesnt sound to bad to be honest

James McMurty

then i have downloaded

Will check those out, ta.

Did you see my earlier recommendation of Israel Nash Gripka's album "Barn Doors and Concrete Floors"? Very retro - "Let it Bleed"-era Stones/Neil Young/John Fogerty/Tom Petty/Bruce Springsteen/Steve Earle. Good stuff.

nah mate I didnt spot that I'll take a look if I ever manage to get out of work, 12 hour day today though so it'll probably be tomorra

lets just hope it aint too much like springsteen though...cant stand ''the boss''

lets just hope it aint too much like springsteen though...cant stand ''the boss''
No, that is probably the slightest influence of those I listed (certainly not E-Street Band style, but faintly like some of his acoustic numbers in his "Woody Guthrie" phase).

just listened to some of the stuff I got by Hayes Carll

**** brilliant really got the texan sort of feel that townes and guy clarke had

I'm just waiting for 5 o clock now so I can get cracking with me overtime and listen to all these albums properly

Â