Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Teamtalk.com

Rangers eyeing Phillips

Scottish champions Rangers are lining up a bid for Southampton striker Kevin Phillips.

Rangers manager Alex McLeish is keen to bolster his attack as he leads his side into the Champions League next season and newspaper reports suggest the Glasgow giants have already offered £1.2m for the former Sunderland striker.

However, that falls well short of Saints chairman Rupert Lowe's £4m valuation of the player.

Aston Villa and Charlton are also thought to be monitoring the situation, but neither have made a formal bid for the Englishman.

Saints boss Harry Redknapp has insisted he wants to keep hold of his best players following Southampton's relegation from the Premiership, but appears resigned to losing several star names as he attempts to rebuild his squad before the start of the new campaign.

We can probably forget Phillips now...

I think its pretty certain we will sign a striker, but who will it be?

Baros going to Valencia. Forssell to everton.

My wish of Richardson might come true:

From Sky Sports shame they seem to be making things up again

England new boy Kieran Richardson admits he will not be content to play second fiddle at Manchester United next term.

The talented 20-year-old, who has enjoyed a productive campaign on loan at West Brom, concedes that he has to be playing regularly to remain in Sven Goran Eriksson's plans.

Richardson exploded onto the international scene at the weekend with a pair of goals against USA and is now anxious to be given a chance in Manchester.

Sir Alex Ferguson is thought to rate the player but gave him just 22 minutes of first team action this season, before shipping him out to The Hawthorns for the remainder of the campaign.

Richardson has intimated that he wants both a new deal and to prove himself at United, amidst interest from several other Premiership clubs, but it would appear he is impatient for regular starts at club level.

''I definitely need regular first team football next season,'' said Richardson.

''Hopefully, I can get that with Manchester United. That is the key to everything.

''But if I am not playing regularly in the side, then Mr Eriksson cannot come to see how I am doing.

''I've improved so much as a result of my three months on loan at West Brom. I wasn't playing a lot at United and spent most of my time in the reserves.

''Hopefully, my performance on Saturday will help me to stay in the squad.

''But I need to be playing well at club level to stay in it.''

West Brom and Aston Villa are thought to be at the front of the queue, should Ferguson allow Richardson to leave Old Trafford next season.

This is obviously made up but i wish o'leary would enquire 2mill would get us a young quick very skillfull player a def player for the future. People dont realise how quick he his, up there with Vass.

Keane to Newcastle probs..

Todays tabloids are linking Keane with a move to Celtic to work with Strachan again!?!?

As for signing Richardson, he's had one decent game for England and he appears to be the new messiah! I think he's got bags of potential but not worthy of the hype he's receiving at the mo'.... If we were to sign him it would have to be at a decent price £1.5m tops IMO...

If we go for a player from ManUre i'd like us to bid for Smith, it's a big year for English players on the perifory(sp) of the England squad with the World Cup coming up.... We could offer Smith regular first team action which would boost his chances of going to Germany...(although it looks like he's shot himself in the foot by throwing his teddies out of the pram in the USA already!!!) Smith would add that much needed 'bite' as we need in our current team but isn't as much as a nob as Bellamy!

The whole world cup thing is one of the reasons I think we should be targetting english players (in the bigger clus) who are on the fringes of the England set-up (ie Parker, Smith, Kirkland) and not getting regular football.

Richardson was consistant for West Brom last season and a better actual winger than Barry, Barry is a left sided midfielder NOT a winger.

A winger is what we need someone with some pace other than Vass!

United States are 10th in the world

Hardly a :shock: as they've done something England have failed to do in recent years and beaten Portugal in a competitive match. They also got as far as England in the last World Cup (Quarter-finals, losing to finalists Germany) and have done quite well in their regional tournament (which somehow had Brazil in it :? ).

As it were, they were only narrowly beaten while understrength by an understrength England side. In a hot World Cup, they might nick that game.

Interesting today to see 2 clubs have agreed a fee for Stead, Sunderland and A N Other presumably thats not us! Skysports website has the top villa news that Richardson of England debut fame is not content with a place on the bench at manure and Villa and WBA are leading the chase should he leave and Ryan Taylor the Tranemere full back who was impressive in the Play Off 2nd leg and mentioned on here has agreed a fee to join Everton.

Don't think its us in for Stead but you never know!!!

Alan Thomson back to Villa together with Bellamy. The business will include Roy Aitken going back as Strachans assistant manager and a possible move for Solano depending on how much is made available on transfer funds to Strachan. This from Thomsons best mate in Brum. Gospel.

:shock:

Interesting today to see 2 clubs have agreed a fee for Stead, Sunderland and A N Other presumably thats not us!

We are apparently after two forwards ... for a small price, I wouldn't mind. Good in the air, half decent eye for goal, scored 1 less than Cole this season ...