Sony Z Series Phones

Demitri_C

Why does a 6 month update cycle put you off?

It makes it easier to get a more up to date phone from them, it's not like everyone upgrades at the same time. They also offer support for all of their recent releases, they haven't just forgotten about the Z2 now that the Z3 has come out.

Either way, it's extremely likely that they will be moving to an annual release cycle, it's just not yet clear if the start of this will be the Z3 for a September annual release, or the Z4 for April, we'll find out soon enough.

I guess its to do with wanting the latest phone. Like a car, if you buy a new model, you expect it to be the latest model for a while.

I don't think the z3 is enough of an improvement on the z2 to warrant a new phone. I'll keep my eyes on the z4 though.

Edited by The_Lions_Roar

Not got an xperia phone but picked up the Z3 tablet compact a couple of weeks ago after selling my iPad mini and I absolutely love it. It's thin, extremely light, fast, waterproof, and supports micro sd cards as well. The Ps4 remote play feature is the killer feature for me though, love the fact that I can just pick it up and have a game whilst the missus is watching the TV and it's worked flawlessly so far. Very impressed with sony, going to have a look at their phones to replace my iphone when my contract is up

My z2 tablet popped up a message last night that the z2 and z2 tab will support Remote Play this month.

I might buy a PS4 for xmas.

Should look great on the 10" screen. Would definitely recommend using a wired connection on the ps4 though

Not got an xperia phone but picked up the Z3 tablet compact a couple of weeks ago after selling my iPad mini and I absolutely love it. It's thin, extremely light, fast, waterproof, and supports micro sd cards as well. The Ps4 remote play feature is the killer feature for me though, love the fact that I can just pick it up and have a game whilst the missus is watching the TV and it's worked flawlessly so far. Very impressed with sony, going to have a look at their phones to replace my iphone when my contract is up

Ywp the tabs are incredible too. You will love the phones :)

Had the Z3 for a week now. Loving most aspects of it after coming from a Galaxy Note 2. Two things which are a hassle at the moment are the fact that you can't set Bluetooth volumes which is a pain when I'm in the car and start streaming music only to find the volume is low. Tried a few apps but they don't appear to work. Secondly the Wifi pickup seems to be very slow. Takes about 10-15 seconds to connect rather than a few which I'm used to.

had to send my Z2 back as its faulty and being provided a shocking service from vodafone. seems like the Z2 is in huge demand as sold out near enough everywhere.

was looking at the Z3 compact as an alternative option. whats difference between the z3 compact and the normal z2?

The specs must be weaker for the z3 compact than a normal z2?

Nope, the compact is the z3/z2 (as you know, they are basically the same chipset wise) , but with smaller screen and 2 GB of memory instead of 3

If that's the case then why are the compacts less than the z2s? I would have though the smaller modelswould be more expensive?

The specs must be weaker for the z3 compact than a normal z2?

Not really, just the ram i think is different. Bigger phones are in demand which is why the z2 costs more than the z3 compact.

Â