Sony Z Series Phones

Demitri_C

i think thats not true mate. had mine and by about 8pm im on about 45% in comparison to my old iphone which would be about 15% its certainly a lot better than iphone though.

but you can change the battery life to make it last significantly longer which i havent tried so maybe you can, i must test it and let you know

If you turn off your location settings it improves your battery life hugely. Google seems to want to know where you are every 5 seconds, I'm sure it's for your benefit rather than something to benefit Google though. A;s when you get the phone first charge the battery overnight, then discharge it fully, then charge it over night. You should repeat this every 6 months as Lithium-ion batteries have a "charge memory" which will mean that the battery will "think" it's fully charged when it's not. A full discharge-recharge cycle helps mitigate this. It's the same for laptops or anything with Li-ion batteries. 

I have a z1 and it's a great phone. Good battery life, waterproof, great HD screen and a great camera. Couldn't fault it.  I laugh at my friends who have wasted so much money on terrible iPhones with no decent features, terrible reliability and horrendous battery life. I'm not part of the apple "hip, cool, my phone's white" crowd so unfortunately I'll have to take my own life. Still at least I bought a quality phone.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

If you turn off your location settings it improves your battery life hugely. Google seems to want to know where you are every 5 seconds, I'm sure it's for your benefit rather than something to benefit Google though. A;s when you get the phone first charge the battery overnight, then discharge it fully, then charge it over night. You should repeat this every 6 months as Lithium-ion batteries have a "charge memory" which will mean that the battery will "think" it's fully charged when it's not. A full discharge-recharge cycle helps mitigate this. It's the same for laptops or anything with Li-ion batteries. 

This is a myth. Charge it when you are near a charger. Charging circuits will deliver an optimal charge. The charging circuits will take a while to adapt to the calls in the battery; a week or so is usually enough.

Â