Buying a new build house

villarule123

On 22/12/2015 at 16:19, omariqy said:

What are people's views on the potential of Brum city centre for growth?  I've done my research and put an offer in for a place near Broad Street. 2 bed. Seems to me there is quite a bit of potential still left in Birmingham.  Especially with some big companies looking to move their head offices to the city,

I think Brum is booming. Loads of redevelopment going on and some big companies moving here including HSBC choosing to base their UK RFB HQ here. I'm hoping to buy a City Centre pad in the next 12-18 months and looking around the Business District and Jewellery Quarter. Not a fan of the Broad Street area but I will be living in mine, not renting it out. I'll be renting out my Four Oaks property instead as its in a prime rental location. 

On 12/22/2015 at 17:48, villarule123 said:

I read on the news the other day that house prices will go up by 50% in the next 10 years. I really fear for my kid's futures. We're already saving for them to get a head start but £20k in 15 years time will probably be nothing. 

At least when the prices go up my mortgage won't look so big! 

The baby boomers will start dying off at that point and their houses will be coming on to the market, so it's not all bad news!

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The baby boomers will start dying off at that point and their houses will be coming on to the market, so it's not all bad news!

A good chunk of their houses will be bought by investors though, not people who buy a home to live in. The UK housing market is a stock exchange disguised as somewhere to live.

• Like 1

I hope that over the next 2-3 elections, it'll become enough of a vote winner that more social housing will be built, and there will be higher taxes on people buying additional properties, as well as controls on rent increases.

• Like 1

Back onto new builds. The one problem I have is that you pay 250k + for your property with a heavy mortgage, then you have some social chavvy a couple of houses down, paying 200 quid a month towards there housing benefit for a house, exactly like yours. Reason I rented mine and moved off the estate.

Its a tough one because you can awful neighbours who have purchased their house and have social housing neighbours who are lovely. Its a risk wherever you move to with regards to neighbours.

• Like 1

Â