England U 21s

mikeyp102

Qualified for the tournament for the fifth time in a row tonight.

Gareth Southgate has done a good job there, scored 31 and conceded 2 in 10 qualifiers. Won ten on the bounce.

Hopefully do better at the tournament next but than last time ( Pearce played such a negative side and failed to get a win)

(Sorry mods couldn't find another thread)

Pearce was awful with the u21s despite the decent record, they played Stone Age long ball bollocks and looked clueless, lost interest in the team tbh

The most interesting thing will be who goes next summer, no doubt there'll be some bollocks about it being unfair on those who got through the qualifiers and some bollocks about long hard seasons with no rest for those who flirt with the seniors, but **** all that, take shaw, chambers, sterling, Barkley, chamberlain and go and try and win it

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

I remember the last time some of journalists said behaviour of 2 of the players was a disgrace and they were senior internationals

Jonjo 'I'm above playing for the U21s' Shelvey no doubt, who is shite anyway.

I agree, play our strongest squad of U21s within reason, and if we have any David 'too tired to play' Bentleys politely inform them they won't be selected for the senior squad anytime soon.

I remember when Chris Sutton rejected an England B call up and it effectively ended his international career.

I remember the last time some of journalists said behaviour of 2 of the players was a disgrace and they were senior internationals

Jonjo 'I'm above playing for the U21s' Shelvey no doubt, who is shite anyway.

I agree, play our strongest squad of U21s within reason, and if we have any David 'too tired to play' Bentleys politely inform them they won't be selected for the senior squad anytime soon.

I remember when Chris Sutton rejected an England B call up and it effectively ended his international career.

A certain Mr Agbonlahor was also "too tired" to attend an Under 21 tournament, a few years back as well, I remember.

That was a villa **** up wasn't it? Told the FA he needed a break cos he was injured and he went on holiday

Weren't they trying to call him to join the squad as someone dropped oput but couldn't get hold of him?

Pearce was awful with the u21s despite the decent record, they played Stone Age long ball bollocks and looked clueless, lost interest in the team tbh

The most interesting thing will be who goes next summer, no doubt there'll be some bollocks about it being unfair on those who got through the qualifiers and some bollocks about long hard seasons with no rest for those who flirt with the seniors, but **** all that, take shaw, chambers, sterling, Barkley, chamberlain and go and try and win it

More than likely the excuse will be that the senior-ish players will say they need a rest next summer to make sure they are fully fit for the Euro's in France the summer after.

Three or Four of weeks in a 5* hotel playing about half a dozen games of football must really take it out of the players, when they could be getting smashed in Ibiza with their mates which really helps them recharge for the season ahead.

Â