Fulham sack Magath

andykeenan

Danny Murphy next

It would be interesting to see how he does. I'm not sure how many recent England internationals fancy a go at management, instead just spending the rest if their lives counting the money they're never going to be able to spend. Fulham would be a good club to take over, they are way below where they really should be so he could have a good, instant impact.

Think they need a steady hand to steer them through this season and then rebuild properly in the summer. Neil Warnock would've been perfect, maybe go for a Dave Jones or Hughton, yes it wouldn't excite the fans but Fulham need to stay up and I wouldn't say it's a given looking at their present squad so they need someone proven in that decision and who can win games quickly.

Maybe have Murphy as an assistant learning his trade with a view to taking over in a season or two.

Good news here is I expect improvement so SHA are beginning to run out of luck at rubbish teams keeping them up every season.

Magath wasn't the man to fix that though. 

You have two lacklustre out-of-their-depth managers.. and fix that with a man with a military approach to training and fitness, who is well known to drive big players away from the club. They just needed a safe reliable manager with a half decent reputation, just someone to steady the ship and stop the rot. 

Clueless owner appoints clueless manager and it turns into a disaster. Surprise, Surprise. Rumours were that Fulham had 3 training sessions a day with the first two just running. I am surprised the players didn't strike and force him out.

This. The time for the military disciplinarian with the take-no-prisoners approach to training is when you're appointing a manager at the start of pre-season. They were 75% of the way through the season when they appointed Magath, of course his approach didn't work. 

Mind you, having said that, he had the whole pre-season with them this year and they look even worse. Very unfavourable comparison to Norwich, and having him giving interviews to the media where he announced that he couldn't understand why they weren't winning wasn't helping matters. 

Slightly OT, but looking for a Fulham forum to see what they were saying about this, really made me appreciate VT. Every forum I found consisted of thousands of threads with 0, 1 or 2 responses because posts weren't organised in any way. Useless. 

Â