Possible VT Adware?

villaajax

Question

Is anybody else having a problem when browsing VT that the page keeps trying to redirect you to various dodgy websites? The main one being a 'Flash' media player update.

I keep getting this but it only happens when I'm on VT, all other sites I visit seem fine but as soon as I get onto VT, the page tries to redirect me.

I've scanned my system using different pieces of anti-virus, ant-spyware, anti-malware, anti-adware, I've cleared my browser yet this still keeps on happening?

May end up doing a rebuild if it turns out to be my computer.

Hasn't happened since my first post but had a redirection earlier, closed it before I could see what it was. It opens in the same page rather Tha opening a new one.

Windows Phone 8.1, I've cleared my cache.

Just posted this in a new topic - didn't realise there was a thread on it already....it's rather annoying!

So, when I go on VT on my iphone 5, after a few seconds it keeps whipping me straight to some bloody app in the App Store (usually poker)... I am then unable to browse the site without it sending me to the App Store again....

It's been causing me stress at work as I am forced to go onto TBAR for my villa news fix....

When reporting I need to know what you are doing. The last few posts tell me it's something to do with iphones and windows phone, but not whether you are running the up to date VT app or which browser, or whether the issue is happening when you are using the mobile site or the full site or both. Whether it happens with different browsers. All the things asked for at the top of the forum in red ink.

Still no offers to assist with testing. Therefore still nothing I can do. If I've got someone who can reproduce this who can assist with some testing then I can probably sort the issue out quickly. As it is, I can't make this happen on any of my devices so I can't tell whether my fixes are working.

Meanwhile, use a different browser, or use the app.

If you are desperate, consider donating for a month (which will remove all the ads). This isn't some fund raising drive, the site gets more revenue from you seeing the ads than it makes from a donation (and it still makes a loss).