Possible VT Adware?

villaajax

Question

Is anybody else having a problem when browsing VT that the page keeps trying to redirect you to various dodgy websites? The main one being a 'Flash' media player update.

I keep getting this but it only happens when I'm on VT, all other sites I visit seem fine but as soon as I get onto VT, the page tries to redirect me.

I've scanned my system using different pieces of anti-virus, ant-spyware, anti-malware, anti-adware, I've cleared my browser yet this still keeps on happening?

May end up doing a rebuild if it turns out to be my computer.

Just started getting them again.

VT s currently running with advertisers who we've been using since before January. Is it possible you've got some stuff cached? Might be worth trying a different browser or clearing cookies and cache.

Just started getting them again.

VT s currently running with advertisers who we've been using since before January. Is it possible you've got some stuff cached? Might be worth trying a different browser or clearing cookies and cache.
I've had this many times last couple of days too. Always the same flash player link

I didn't change anything yesterday. All I can think is that one of the ad partners has been compromised. They're unlikely to ever admit this.

Has it stopped happening for everyone now? Please post any further occurrences in this thread.

PS. I've still not had this happen to me. I'm not seeing any drop in page views which suggests only a minority are seeing this. It's very odd.

I'm going to try adding one of the advertisers back that I blocked before as people were still getting bad ads from them after I disabled them. Please post here if you get another redirect. I'm following this thread so I'll get alerted by the app.