Possible VT Adware?

villaajax

Question

Is anybody else having a problem when browsing VT that the page keeps trying to redirect you to various dodgy websites? The main one being a 'Flash' media player update.

I keep getting this but it only happens when I'm on VT, all other sites I visit seem fine but as soon as I get onto VT, the page tries to redirect me.

I've scanned my system using different pieces of anti-virus, ant-spyware, anti-malware, anti-adware, I've cleared my browser yet this still keeps on happening?

May end up doing a rebuild if it turns out to be my computer.

I came here to report the same (happening this morning still). Having a crafty surf at work, opening up threads is redirecting me to sites like gambling websites (think bet365 was one of them) which are blocked and probably giving me all kinds of black marks next to my name.

Last couple of days it was mainly "update flash player".

There is a pop-under ad for bet365 if you are not logged in. This is not a redirect, it simply opens a new tab.

If your employer is paying for a web filter, why isn't it blocking the "update flash player"?

This seems to be affecting a tiny number of users and seems to persist regardless f which advertisers are active. I can't do anything more unless I have a group of people who can test things in real time. Any volunteers to do this tonight?

To avoid any doubt, please can you describe what you mean by "redirect"? Do you mean it took over your VT page, or opened a new window or tab?

As I said above, I can't do much unless I've got some willing testers.

To avoid any doubt, please can you describe what you mean by "redirect"? Do you mean it took over your VT page, or opened a new window or tab?

Instead of loading the VT page it loaded that page in the same tab.

Instead of loading the VT page it loaded that page in the same tab.

Thanks. I disabled the company serving that ad last night at 19:17. If this was since then, please clear your cache and let me know if it happens again.

• Like 1

Without people who can help test and with so few reports I don't think there is much I can do. 

Sorry.

I have a very high level of trust in the two remaining ad partners. I'll try disabling the gambling affiliates, but if you can't trust the bookies web sites then they don't have much of a business model. 

I shut down quickly but it wasn't a gambling website, it was something which then launched a 'Java' download.

I work for a big organisation, gambling websites are just some of the sites that are blocked.

"shut down quickly" won't help if it was malware. I have to ask, why does your big organisation filter out gambling but allow malicious web sites? Bizarre.

when im viewing site through safari on my iphone i keep getting directed to zynga poker app. it works fine thru puffin and on my laptop

Is puffin a different browser? If so this issue only seems to be affecting some iphone users using safari.

I've still got no volunteers to help with testing. I don't own an iphone. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

I can't view the forum on my iphone through safari - redirects me straight away, and has done for a couple of days now. I'm not logged in, just purely viewing as a guest

What i'm doing is selecting the Villatalk URL from Google, it opens up and a split second later diverts to a blank page c.mobpartner.mobi

It then opens up my App store and takes me to a download page for Zynga Poker - Texas Holdem app

No issues with viewing on my Ipad through safari as a guest though