Christophe Galtier (Manager)

samjp26

Leading French daily L’Equipe are reporting on Friday that Newcastle and Aston Villa have already approached St Etienne manager Christophe Galtier with the intent of getting the coach to sign on at their clubs before the start of next season.

The news comes the day after the Les Verts manager publicly questioned his future at St Etienne in a press conference on Thursday.

Galtier, 47, is currently under contract at ASSE until 2016, however their are now doubts whether the coach will stay on for that long. The manager is also known to have a release clause in his contract.

The manager said on Thursday:

My duty, my obligation and my dedication is that I have to prepare for next season. But nothing is certain.

I have to meet with the owners at the end of the season. Today, I believe the team is progressing. I have to see if we can still improve. I have questions for my bosses, I think they’ll have precise answers. They also are likely to ask me questions.

With Christophe Galtier’s future at St Etienne in the balance, the rumour mill is suggesting that Newcastle and Aston Villa are ready to pounce.

http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/newcastle-aston-villa-have-already-approached-st-etienne-manager-christophe-galtier-lequipe/

Newcastle would make sense with all their French players, but GFF (Get French Football) on Twitter are tweeting it too and they're usually legit.