PS3 Intermittent Sound

Stevo985

Bit of a strange one. Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in gaming. It's a tech issue on a games console.

Bought a PS3 off ebay the other day (250gb Slim).

Playing games and blurays/DVDs it's perfect. Absolutely nothing wrong.

But the guy I bought it from left a load of stuff on the hard drive (music/videos etc)

However whenever I try and watch/listen to any of this, every 5-10 seconds the sound cuts out for about a second.

Obviously this basically makes everything unwatchable.

Again this doesn't happen on games/blurays, only on the videos and music installed on the harddrive.

Anyone got any idea what it might be?

I've googled it but no joy and I've emailed the bloke and he insists he never had a problem. Maybe he's bullshitting but I'm inclined to believe him.

Any ideas?

Yeah I'd considered that.

I don't need the content but there's some good stuff on there which was a bonus when I bought it. Will consider the reset as a last resort as I'd rather keep it.

I don't need the content but there's some good stuff on there which was a bonus when I bought it. Will consider the reset as a last resort as I'd rather keep it.

Copy the stuff you want off it, a USB memory stick will do.

will that work for whole games?

will that work for whole games?

Hmm, maybe not for games... if there is a way, I don't know it.

I have heard of this happening before, it's a known issue if you cover your console with **** loads of inane stickers. Take them all off, it should be fine :thumb:

• Like 1

I have heard of this happening before, it's a known issue if you cover your console with **** loads of inane stickers. Take them all off, it should be fine :thumb:

Nah I think it's a SARPBC problem. I'll try deleting that ;)

• 1 month later...

I need to revive this.

I moved the PS3 in question to my big TV downstairs and now I can't see the PS3 homescreen thing.

Once I start a game up, it's fine. Works perfectly (including the sound). But when I quit the game and go back to the dashboard, it goes off, as if the TV isn't receiving a signal.

On my TV upstairs it works perfectly on both games and the homescreen. But on my main TV, no homescreen, but works fine on games.

Weird.

I think I just bought a dodgy PS3!

Â