Riot in Brazilian Game

Pembers

Anyone see the fan riots that happened in a brazilian game tonight? No policing inside the stadium so all hell broke lose, think the fan in the video below even died. A military helicopter had to be called in and police with guns had to go into the stands to break up the fighting. Somehow they've just decided to re-start the game. 

Doesn't look good for the World Cup.

A video of it happening, the tv camera's continued to record (graphic)

Another, less graphic news report of the situation.

Edited by Pembers

how on earth can they restart a game if their were deaths?

that is beyond pure stupidity

Some reports say the fan died, some say he didn't. But upon seeing the video I would be very surprised if he came out of that okay. At least 3 in a critical condition is what most sites are reporting.

I don't think I'd go over there next year even for free. Heard loads of horror stories

What ya heard?

It's like seeing the bother after the Villa Blues cup game and deciding to never visit Birmingham (not saying this is your thought process).

They did it at Heysel and 39 people died there.  I get why they did it too, the authorities had enough to deal with without having to worry about what happens when all the people in the crowd find out the game has been called off and why. Playing on buys everybody some much needed time. 

• Like 1

Well, you can't let one person ruin it for everyone.

He should have just shook his assailant's hand really.

Â