Cracked Galaxy S3 screen

villarule123

So I've just cracked the screen, a tender hit in my pocket as I walked past a conctlrete post down a driveway.

How much is it to repair? Or should I just claim on house insurance? Haven't got phone insurance

can you claim on house insurance ? and if so wouldn't the rise in premium work/loss of discount out far more than the repair ?

I stupidly went into Phones4u and asked them about the cost of a cracked screen on my phone, I was then held prisoner for 30 mins as they tried to get me to trade in my phone (they offered me £75 :crylaugh:) and get another one with them (how predictable)

They offered to wipe out my remaining months and give me a free Xperia Z1 on the same tariff as I have now, I take it they're just mugging me off? I know nothing about the phone.

Edited by villarule123

Samsung charge about £150 to fix it, as even if it's just the glass that is cracked,they replace the entire screen as the glass and display are fused together.

It'll be cheaper and quicker from a local repair shop.

Samsung charge about £150 to fix it, as even if it's just the glass that is cracked,they replace the entire screen as the glass and display are fused together.

It'll be cheaper and quicker from a local repair shop.

They are just glued together. You can melt the glue and prize the glass (actually it's a digitizer) and the LCD panel apart if you want but it's very laborious and easy to **** up.  iFixit do a guide if you are interested: http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III

I might just write the phone off as knackered if it were me. I'd see it as God's way of telling me to buy a Nexus 5. :D

Is the Z1 any good though? I really doubt P4U would actually offer something that would benefit me

It's top of the line. Newest of the breed, Nexus5, LG g2, Note3 type of hardware. It's just down to if you like Sony or not.

Edited by Tegis

Â