Week 7 Von! Von! Von!

BOF

So pissed off. Awful 1st half, then actually managed to stop Luck, get some help with injuries and score some points. Stupid rule denies Decker a 2nd TD. Why they still give Hillman the ball I don't know. Protection issues really showing now as well with both starting tackles out and the O-line shifting all over every week. Then even after all that, we have a chance but stupid **** penalties just gift Colts the game. Stupid penalties throughout the game though to be honest. Fair play to the Colts, they'll say they deserved it but at the end of the day with about 5 mins left, down by 6, Manning with ball, we had massive chance to go 7-0 and blew it.

Quite simply now our regular season comes down to the 2 games with the Chiefs. Do fancy our chances though with their inability to throw the ball and the fact we can stop the run.

Remember someone saying a few weeks ago we would need a loss at some point. Personally thought the poor performance vs Jags might waken them up but the 2 combined will hopefully. Onwards and upwards.

Why didn't I go with my gut? I didn't want to be the odd man out prediction-wise if the Broncos managed to win I guess. If we didn't know already (and we did), those Colts really need to be taken very seriously, yet no-one is really talking about them as candidates. Maybe they will now?

20:25 Thu 17th Seattle @ Arizona

13:00 Sun 20th San Diego @ Jacksonville

13:00 Sun 20th St Louis @ Carolina

13:00 Sun 20th Dallas @ Philadelphia

13:00 Sun 20th Chicago @ Washington x

13:00 Sun 20th Buffalo @ Miami x

13:00 Sun 20th Cincinnati @ Detroit x

13:00 Sun 20th Tampa Bay @ Atlanta

13:00 Sun 20th New England @ NY Jets x

16:05 Sun 20th San Francisco @ Tennessee

16:25 Sun 20th Cleveland @ Green Bay

16:25 Sun 20th Houston @ Kansas City

16:25 Sun 20th Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

20:30 Sun 20th Denver @ Indianapolis x

20:30 Mon 21st Minnesota @ NY Giants --

9-5 seems to be fairly typical for me :-/  Should be 10-4 with the Indy game and those others were tighter than a tight thing.

Why didn't I go with my gut? I didn't want to be the odd man out prediction-wise if the Broncos managed to win I guess. If we didn't know already (and we did), those Colts really need to be taken very seriously, yet no-one is really talking about them as candidates. Maybe they will now?

No choice but to take them seriously now, played Seattle, SF, Denver and beaten them all. 

Urgh! Not pretty at all. When you get the Colts on their good day you can ill afford to have nothing less than at top performance. We had 3 very below par quarters and still came reasonably close. I'll take some comfort in that.

Oh, and Broncos forums resemble the VT mainboard. It really doesn't matter how good a team is. A loss really is the end of all things, every time, always.

Presumably Woodyard will be back next week for the visit of the Redskins. I bet they're delighted they're visiting us the week after our first loss :D

And continuing the Chiefswatch, they're home to the feckin' Browns. That's 8-0 !!

Yeah the Cowboys. But then given that the Chiefs were so shite last season they're going to get an easier schedule where possible. They can't help that.

It's not that they can't help it, I just fail to be impressed (even though they're 7-0)

Disregarding them a sec and talking about the others.

Pats don't have recievers

Seahawks don't have an O line

Denver don't have a defence

SF have numerous problems

Colts are far too inconsistant

Should be interesting come playoff time. Think the Bengals and even the Chargers/Panthers could be a surprise.

At the end of the day the only reason Colts put up so many points was because we gifted them the ball. Holliday fumble, safety, 3 incomplete passes at end of half instead of running the clock, the INT. That's 26 points right there. Saying we don't have a defence is simply missing the point. Against Cowboys we got torched but they had to put the ball in the air and we were missing Miller, Bailey and Woodyard (partly) in that game. 3 most important defensive players without question. And last night Bailey went off injured, Woodyard (who IMO is our most important D player) didn't even suit up. I lost count of the amount of times we forced a punt but Manning was just having a poor night until late in the 3rd and couldn't take advantage. As they say turnovers will kill you and they did last night. Well that and Vickerson being a **** idiot 3 or 4 times.

I must admit reading that back sounds as if I'm getting very defensive haha but we beat ourselves, Indy didn't beat us.

Â