U21's 2013-14

OutByEaster?

Hilariously the commentary is on but they obviously don't realise it as they are just chatting shit rather than commentating. What a piss poor service, not sure if it is worse now that I have to listen to Dave Poulton and possibly the worst football analysis since my missus tried to describe what happened in an u10 game.

2-0 down as well.

Edited by AndyClarke

Missed a good chance from a Webb cross and nearly got onto a through ball. To be honest it is practically impossible to tell, Dave Poulton is too busy giving his 'expert' analysis which involves random babble and cliches whilst Jack engages him.

Edited by AndyClarke

Seeing a post about older academy players reminded me of a time I used to make a team on fantasy football made up entirely of former villa players, so I was wondering, what would people's Villa Academy XI be? Based on every player who's come out of our academy, on current form

From memory my team so far is:

Myhill

Lichaj Cahill Baker Clark

Albrighton Davis Hogg Bannan

Agbonlahor Weimann

Might have forgotten a couple of players but that's what I'd go for from memory. I'm talking current players. What I was trying to work out was, is our academy, over the span of a players career, producing enough talent to field a prem league quality XI

Edit: I'd take Hogg out that lineup and stick Zoltan out at LM. can't think of a decent keeper ever,

Edited by skarroki

Seeing a post about older academy players reminded me of a time I used to make a team on fantasy football made up entirely of former villa players, so I was wondering, what would people's Villa Academy XI be? Based on every player who's come out of our academy, on current form

From memory my team so far is:

Myhill

Lichaj Cahill Baker Clark

Albrighton Davis Hogg Bannan

Agbonlahor Weimann

Might have forgotten a couple of players but that's what I'd go for from memory. I'm talking current players. What I was trying to work out was, is our academy, over the span of a players career, producing enough talent to field a prem league quality XI

Edit: I'd take Hogg out that lineup and stick Zoltan out at LM. can't think of a decent keeper ever,

If we don't count Barry, I guess that's about the best we can do. It's not good enough to stay up.

I'd probably play Craig Gardner instead of Hogg and Ridewell left back (dropping Baker, moving Clark) though. 

VILLA: Watkins, Webb, Bennett, Gardner, Lewis, Kinsella, Burke, Robinson, Bowery, Johnson ©, Sellars. Subs: O'Brien, Grant, Abdo, McKirdy, Wildin

Bennett, Gardner and Bowery all starting tonight then.

Hopefully they can get a bit of confidence in them.

Be particularly interested to hear if anyone is heading down in the gap between Robinson/Burke and Bowery.

---

Bit weird to not see us at the top of the league this season, we are generally top 3 or 4 in the ressies, younger lads are up there which is good to see.

Â