Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

he would be joining, just as soon as we agreed a fee.

Surely we need to agree a fee before talking to him, or it is deemed 'tapping up'

Dont think anyones said we've actually talked to him. A player can instantly decide if he'd like to play for a club which would then mean personal terms arent much of a problem.

And on that note, I hear Barton will be on 70,000 a week, if true then that is shocking and sums Newcaslte up perfectly!

Really?!!... :shock: Apparently he drove away for St James Park like a spoilt brat probably as his demands hadn't been met in full... until Fat Freddie rang him on his mobile and no doubt caved in to his every whim - so he did a U turn and headed back...aren't we glad he's not coming here!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to remember that spurs have recently folked out 10million on a 17 year old and are strongly rumoured to Bent. If they are after Bent then I doubt they will bring in anyone else after spending over 20-22million

Bale only cost em 5m. with add ons on top should he do well

they have the same tv money as everyone else, plus any extras from league placings and uefa cup run. and whatever their board want to hand the manager too

i don't think spurs will have any problems finding the cash if Jol wants it

if those rumours are correct then it confirms that Newcastle can only attract big names by offering silly wages. and they wonder why their players dont perform when they are spoilt

I am proud that villa dont have to reply on this 'dirty' tactic to attract players. Yeah, our average wage for the team has gone up slightly since the takeover (thats because we are bringing in top class players and need to keep align with the market rate) but i bet our overall wage bill is 50% less than the toons

I hope the rumours list on the official site isn´t correct because if it is then there will be no room in the new training facility to actually train.. :eek:

where do all those rumours come from? my mate´s dad`s sister´s brother´s cat´s vet... said..

I hope the rumours list on the official site isn´t correct because if it is then there will be no room in the new training facility to actually train.. :eek:

where do all those rumours come from? my mate´s dad`s sister´s brother´s cat´s vet... said..

would could make 12 teams with the number of players named in the thread :lol:

Nutter :lol:

The Barton deal is just pathetic. Typical Barcodes.

If all goes well with the NRC transfer I'll be chuffed without doubt. I'd rather have a young star than Barton who is, without doubt, an idiot. Or Parker who even showed at Charlton that when things don't go his way. He jumps about like a girl.

Well done MON :)

Villa bid £7m for Reo-Coker and try to prise Sneijder from Ajax's grasp

By Jason Burt

Published: 06 June 2007

Aston Villa yesterday bid £7m for West Ham's Nigel Reo-Coker - and are considering linking him in midfield with the Dutch international Wesley Sneijder, who remains keen to leave Ajax although he wants to move to a team in the Champions League.

Another stumbling block with Sneijder could be the transfer fee, with Ajax apparently wanting €15m (£10.2m) for the 22-year-old who broke into their first-team five years ago. Villa have been trailing Sneijder for some time with manager Martin O'Neill having watched him play in the recent Dutch Cup final.

Ajax have already rejected a series of bids from Valencia which peaked at €12m (£8.1m). Indeed, Ajax have said they would rather see Sneijder leave for free when his contract expires in two years time than sell now for less than they want.

If Villa bought Sneijder and Reo-Coker it would eat up a sizeable chunk of O'Neill's transfer budget as he embarks on a major rebuilding programme ahead of next season. O'Neill, who is considering a move for West Bromwich full-back Paul Robinson, is also hoping to land Craig Bellamy from Liverpool - but only if the prohibitive £12m asking price for the Welsh striker is significantly lowered. Cash could be raised through the sales of Steven Davis, who is wanted by Fulham, and Luke Moore, who has one year left on his contract and who has been linked with Middlesbrough.

Reo-Coker, who joined West Ham for £500,000 in 2004, has also attracted interest from Tottenham Hotspur. But they are unlikely to match Villa's offer even if West Ham are hoping for at least £8m for their 23-year-old captain who handed in a transfer request after a turbulent season claiming he was no longer wanted at Upton Park. The England Under-21 international is understood to be enthusiastic about the prospect of moving to Villa.

Clicky...

Hmm not convinced ponder2.gif

SSN show barton coming out of st james and getting into a car. reporter say that barton was going to think about his options but then the car comes back and he goes in and must have agreed terms.

I can imagine the following...

>>> barton gets in car with agent

barton - "feck that... no way am i playing for the barcodes and only pick up 7,000 a week"

agent - "ermmm... no, that was 70k mate they were offering you"

barton - "you fecking jokin me - **** the other options.... do a fecking U'eee here mate"

>>> barton arrives back at the barcodes to agree terms lol

That Sneijder link wont go away.

Because each story basically copies from the previous....

Its worked its way up from the mail though, which i think gives it more and more credibility as it goes.

If there was nothing to it, each separate media outlet wouldn't copy the story from another.