Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sneijder can play leftside then he would definitely be just the ticket by all accounts. Can't say I've seen much of him but what I've heard has been nothing short of brilliant. Jas that midfield looks very tasty indeed - again provided WS can play left.

Fair enough. I take people's views on board. I suppose we have been starved of a squad, and this is why my vision is clearly blurred.

Still can't see it happening though, seems to have his heart set on a move to Spain. Also, we know Howell has just taken the idea from this website, hardly reliable.

I'd be delighted if it came true though.

People don't realise that teams around us have these decisions every week, we've just been starved of a squad for so long that we presume that 5midfielders mean ones either gunner be out the door or dropped every week.

Look at it this way, Newcastle this season had: Solano, Milner, N'Zogbia, Emre, Parker, Butt, Duff (and they all played alot)

Spurs: Jenas, Lennon, Murphy, Ghaly, Huddlestone, Zokora, Malbranque and Tainio (all played alot)

Pompey: Mendes, Davis, O'Neill, Lauren (from January - although he played alot at fullback), Krancjar, Taylor and Hughes (all played alot)

Two of them teams didn't have Europe this season....

I think that there was alot of times when players such as McCann were playing through the pain barrier, something which we wouldnt have to do if we had a bigger squad

You sound confused. :nod:

I have it on good authority from a personal friend of the man, that Villa want Per Metersacker and have offered Werder £4M.

He only signed for them after the World Cup but they could double their money by taking Villas offer.

I understand that he is keen on the move.

A good young German international centre back to create real competition. After all we can't rely on Larsons dodgy knees. :winkold:

I have it on good authority from a personal friend of the man, that Villa want Per Metersacker and have offered Werder £4M.

He only signed for them after the World Cup but they could double their money by taking Villas offer.

A good young German international centre back to create real competition. After all we can't rely on Larsons dodgy knees. :winkold:

He's immense on Football Manager :P

is this paul meatpacker(english translation) any good then?we need another proper quality defender or two.

Headlines on the back of the meaning eveil are that we will be back in for Schneider (sic) as the deal with Valencia is now dead.

Don't get me wrong, Schneider is class and all that, but I just don't see this signing materialising, especially if we get NRC.

MON bought Petrov last year for 8mill, and he is an attacking midfield. I believe he will be a big big star for us next season, wants he gets a pre-season in him, and he is obviously more settled.

Is Petrov now going to be benched?! I don't think so. Can't see Schneider coming for that reason alone. Hope I'm wrong and they can play in the same team together, somehow.

Why do you compare Sneijder with Petrov and NRC? Sneijder would fit in perfectly with Barry, NRC and Petrov!

So where does Young play? Our nearly 10million pound signing. He is abosloute class, and certainly won't be dropped.

I suppose Petrov, NRC and Schneider will suffer from rotation. We'll see. Unless we play 5 in the middle, which is an option.

Young - Petrov - NRC - Barry - Schneider

^^^ Very strong!

We surely need to get harder competition for places and wouldnt it be great to even have a bench that easily could make a difference in a game?

Wesley Sneijder is such a versatile and skilled midfielder that he can play in numerous places. Young can play either left or right midfield...an as a striker...so why do you think that they all fight about one place and why do you think that the team will look the same every game?

Young could be first choice in away games because of his pace...whereas Sneijder is stronger and more skillful and could be more suited for a strong midfield at home.

A "rule" nowadays, if you´re going to be successful, is that you should have two equally good players for eache position in order to have a strong squad that would be competetive. We are far from a team like that.

What are we going to have behind the first eleven? Kids?

If we can get world class players that are versatile (as MON seems to want) then we will have a very good squad indeed. We would be almost equally strong no matter who get injured..that would be quite awesome.

if we get into europe and have better cup runs and more games they(midfielders) will not be able to play every game anyway and will not mind missing bolton way on the saturday as they will be playing in spain on the wednesday/thursday for example.

Will have to offer more than that as they just bought him last year for 5.25m from Hannover. Doesn't make sense to me. Did they not qualify for Europe or something?

I firmly believe that Nigel Reo Cocker will be a Villa player before the new season

I dont get it, has he signed? :?

Jez I am sure you will forgive me but he hasn't signed yet but it is looking ever more likely.

So on that basis, and the fact that I got castigated on here onpage 126/7/8 for saying "It wouldn't surprise me if Micah Richards joined us" back in January, well I'm sure I can be allowed to crow a bit about the NRC possibility. I mean back on page 127 there weren't too many who believed me or thought my opinion had much credence. Now I would think it's odds on he'll sign.

is this paul meatpacker(english translation) any good then?we need another proper quality defender or two.

Had a good world cup, not the biggest name, but will be a regular in the German national team for a long time. Not a bad price either for an international centre back at 23 years old.

I firmly believe that Nigel Reo Cocker will be a Villa player before the new season

Jez I am sure you will forgive me but he hasn't signed yet but it is looking ever more likely.

So on that basis, and the fact that I got castigated on here onpage 126/7/8 for saying "It wouldn't surprise me if Micah Richards joined us" back in January, well I'm sure I can be allowed to crow a bit about the NRC possibility. I mean back on page 127 there weren't too many who believed me or thought my opinion had much credence. Now I would think it's odds on he'll sign.

Oh ok, i understand :D

We surely need to get harder competition for places and wouldnt it be great to even have a bench that easily could make a difference in a game?

Wesley Sneijder is such a versatile and skilled midfielder that he can play in numerous places. Young can play either left or right midfield...an as a striker...so why do you think that they all fight about one place and why do you think that the team will look the same every game?

Young could be first choice in away games because of his pace...whereas Sneijder is stronger and more skillful and could be more suited for a strong midfield at home.

What are we going to have behind the first eleven? Kids?

Some would seem to be happy with that!

But when it came to it going all tits up they would be the first out the wood work to say we ain't got enough players / depth etc.

They also forget injuries, suspensions, and the possibility of playing 52-54 games if cup runs turn out good!

It needs to be battled against with a squad of 24-26 quality players all round to make us last the journey.

Especially if we are wanting european football the season after aswell!!

Had a good world cup, not the biggest name, but will be a regular in the German national team for a long time. Not a bad price either for an international centre back at 23 years old.

nice age nice price for a promising young player aswell if he is quality he could be a shrewd buy.

Will have to offer more than that as they just bought him last year for 5.25m from Hannover. Doesn't make sense to me. Did they not qualify for Europe or something?

I think they paid around 4.5M Euros, so an offer of £4M (maybe just an opening offer) would be approx 6M Euros

Oh ok, i understand :D

Whats even the point of bringing this up again?