Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I think its worth thinking who MON will get rid of and with that who he will get in.

McCann out another DM

Davis out replaced by NRC

Barry staying to play in the middle.

Taylor enquired about for left midfield.

I think the Sneijder link is dead because we dont need him as such, obviously we need a player of his ability but who will be dropped? Barry nope, Petrov nope, NRC (if we sign him) unlikely.

I dont think MON would sign him as an out and out winger as he was looking at Taylor for that.

Sneijder is similar to Barry when playing in the wide areas, he is a side midfielder not a winger. I think MON wants wingers this is shown with the signing of Young and the enquiry of Taylor.

So not only do i think we dont have a monkeys i dont think MON wants him or has room for him.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sneijder Petrov Reo-coker Young

is a top four midfield imo, people need to understand that Barry is not the be all and end all!!, no-one should be a "cert" at Villa in this new era.

why on earth would ANYBODY drop our best player by a mile, from a new look midfield ?

what exactly had Petrov done to earn his place in the middle alongside RC ?

Sneijder Barry Reo-Coker Young

... perhaps

Thats the problem, he's not the "best player by a mile", he played his part but so did Gabby, so did Laursen, so did Berger and Bouma, but people seem to think that Barry done it all by himself :roll: , he's the so called "best player" in a team that finished 11th, not 4th, if we get Sniedjer then Barry will be under serious pressure, maybe people would drop Petrov instead but for me when he's on his game he's also better than Barry, that performance at West ham was just as good if not better than anything Barry done last season imo.

i really cant understand the logic of koumas? just because he is playing well in the chumps league does not make him a super talent for our team now we have the investment and management team in place.

if we use this logic that because he is good in the chumps league, we should also scrap any plans for darren bent an try and snap up kevin phillips.

koumas has been given the chance in the premiership and blew it, be it his attitude, his talent or what ever, he blew it.

we MUST be aiming for higher profile, more talented players if we go for people of koumas age, they have to be players who are ready made, who will go straight into the first team. and as for koumas as a squad player? so we sell someone like davis and replace him with someone older , more expensive, higher maintenance? no thanks.

koumas is what we would have been aiming for 3 years ago, before MoN, before Randy.

we should have put pressure on teams like charlton in january for darren bent, when we had the money and no other team did.

this season will be unique, a one off for a handful of teams to close the gap on the big 3.

the teams willing to gamble big on star players and decent sized quality squads will reap the rewards.

this season coming up will have 2 main sorts of team.

teams willing to gamble to make the gap up between themselves and the top 3 ( look at wet spam, they have started buying players, improving their squad, bidding for other players, hustling, getting their name linked to quality players)

and teams like the knuckle draggers, they wont buy loads of players, they will try and borrow players and hope to make money this year by merley staying in the premiership and then next season buying some players.

Thats the problem, he's not the "best player by a mile", he played his part but so did Gabby, so did Laursen, so did Berger and Bouma, but people seem to think that Barry done it all by himself :roll: , he's the so called "best player" in a team that finished 11th, not 4th, if we get Sniedjer then Barry will be under serious pressure, maybe people would drop Petrov instead but for me when he's on his game he's also better than Barry, that performance at West ham was just as good if not better than anything Barry done last season imo.

Barry, was not only our best player last season, he has been for about 5 seasons on the trot. as for Petrov, i assume you're having a laugh ?

granted that performance away to West Ham was excellent, but the very fact you had to go back that far says it all about Stan. one great game all season

maybe, just maybe O'Neill's about to cut his losses on him and ship him out and replace with better ? and lets face it, you'd find a better player than him far quicker than you would Barry. i think thats a given

Barry, was not only our best player last season, he has been for about 5 seasons on the trot. as for Petrov, i assume you're having a laugh ?

granted that performance away to West Ham was excellent, but the very fact you had to go back that far says it all about Stan. one great game all season

maybe, just maybe O'Neill's about to cut his losses on him and ship him out and replace with better ? and lets face it, you'd find a better player than him far quicker than you would Barry. i think thats a given

Nope Barry hasn't been our "best player for the last five seasons" because Angel scored 23 goals for us not long ago and Solano was head and shoulders abouv him when he was here too!!, stop going over board, Barry is a decent player but he's not on Sneidjers level and imo Petrov will be much better next season, he showed his class towards the end of last season, plus he's got experiance of champions league football and is back on the international scene, i don't know why people are so scared of change!!, :roll:

I have no doubt that if we were to get Schneider, (which is highly debatable considering Valencia are favs), then we would not also sign NRC. I think Koumas is being signed to play a creative role.......him and Petrov will vye for that position.

Up front, we have to go for the likes of Defoe or Bent. Either one would be a signing of intent.

Nope Barry hasn't been our "best player for the last five seasons" because Angel scored 23 goals for us not long ago and Solano was head and shoulders abouv him when he was here too!!, stop going over board, Barry is a decent player but he's not on Sneidjers level and imo Petrov will be much better next season, he showed his class towards the end of last season, plus he's got experiance of champions league football and is back on the international scene, i don't know why people are so scared of change!!, :roll:

well, i believe you're wrong but you're entitled to your opinion. Solano wasn't fit to wipe Barry's boots as far as i'm concerned. if he'd ever bothered to turn up for an away match things may have been different of course. a few silky passes, and free kicks do not maketh a great player. Barry is a rare 7-8/10 player week in week out

but Barry suffers from the same problem a lot of our homegrown/raised players do. some supporters think less of them because they cost nothing

for what its worth, i wouldn't swap Barry for any left sided player in the premiership. that's how important i feel he is to our side

I have no doubt that if we were to get Schneider, (which is highly debatable considering Valencia are favs), then we would not also sign NRC. I think Koumas is being signed to play a creative role.......him and Petrov will vye for that position.

Up front, we have to go for the likes of Defoe or Bent. Either one would be a signing of intent.

Why wouldn't Mon sign Nigel too?, they are two different kind of players, Nigel's abilities are needed just as much as Sniejder's, we've got the money now.

as for Petrov, i assume you're having a laugh ?

I suppose we better sign koumas then? :roll:

well, i believe you're wrong but you're entitled to your opinion. Solano wasn't fit to wipe Barry's boots as far as i'm concerned. if he'd ever bothered to turn up for an away match things may have been different of course. a few silky passes, and free kicks do not maketh a great player. Barry is a rare 7-8/10 player week in week out

but Barry suffers from the same problem a lot of our homegrown/raised players do. some supporters think less of them because they cost nothing

for what its worth, i wouldn't swap Barry for any left sided player in the premiership. that's how important i feel he is to our side

Solano won us matches and created and scored more, none of his goals being from the penalty spot either, and the notion of Nobby never turning up away from home is pure myth, i remember him scoring the equeliser at Southampton when we were two down, setting up Angel at Wolves when we won four nil, Setting up Hitz at pompy, Setting up Barry at Liverppol, he played his part but it was the whole team who never turned up most times away from home not just him,

My opinion is Sneidjer is better than Barry and would replace him, i don't know what the fuss is, and if you wouldn't take Robben over Barry then i think this debate is worthless.

The championship is a much tougher league than a lot of tin pot leagues in Europe

Which tin pot leagues? Holland? Where PSV got to a CL semi recently. Scotland? Where Celtic beat Man Utd and Benfica and gave the eventual winners a real go. No championship side could hold there own in the tougher comps.

Solano won us matches and created and scored more, none of his goals being from the penalty spot either, and the notion of Nobby never turning up away from home is pure myth, i remember him scoring the equeliser at Southampton when we were two down, setting up Angel at Wolves when we won four nil, Setting up Hitz at pompy, Setting up Barry at Liverppol, he played his part but it was the whole team who never turned up most times away from home not just him,

My opinion is Sneidjer is better than Barry and would replace him, i don't know what the fuss is, and if you wouldn't take Robben over Barry then i think this debate is worthless.

I agree that Sneijder is better than Barry but he wouldn't replace him, they'd play in the same midfield, one on the left one in the middle. Cant agree with Solano though, he had a few good games but on the whole I didn't even blink when he left. He got his repuation for being good at the things that get you on match of the day, like crossing. Tracking back however...

how is he better ?

Robben playing one great game in 5, or Barry doing the business week in week out ? NO CONTEST

as for Solano. i stand 100% behind my he never turned up away comment. i trust my own eyes. he was a disgrace on the road the majority of the time

I would be pissed of if we "scoured the whole of Europe",...as touted by scouts etc...only to come up with Paul McShane and friggin Jason Koumas..basically!!!
A lot of us are thinking it JV but you've had the guts to come out and say it. :lol: