Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Riquelme? Forget about it!

If he came here he would never give 100% for the team and it would take around 2 months before he'd fall out with either the manager or the players.

Of course his level of skill is twice what we have ever had at Villa but it doesn't really matter when he won't use it.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we should raid sevilla of some of their best players.apparently Juande Ramos(Sevilla manager) wants to leave and is thinking of becoming the next man city manager.If he leaves i can't see them challenging for the title or doing well at all next season unless they recruit some big name manager.I wouldn't mind dani alves,luis fabiano,kanoute.

we should raid sevilla of some of their best players.apparently Juande Ramos(Sevilla manager) wants to leave and is thinking of becoming the next man city manager.If he leaves i can't see them challenging for the title or doing well at all next season unless they recruit some big name manager.I wouldn't mind dani alves,luis fabiano,kanoute.

Totally agree Lazarus chin - don't forget Javi Naravarro, Poulson, and Jesus Navas. All welcome additions to our squad and would definately take us to that next level

According to F365,Norwich want Suttton.If he leaves, we will definitely need another "big" striker which can be Henrok Goitam that we are being linked with.

Henok Goitom. Swedish wizzkid that has worked in the shadow from Zlatan, but is a very high skilled attacker/winger. He is not that big so to take him on board covering for Sutton doesnt make sense...

Riquelme is quite gettable...he is to return to his club in Spain because Boca Juniors cant afford his salary and therefor not interested in making his loan into a permanent deal. He will change club soon...hope it is Villa.

In wikipedia Goitam is listed as 6ft5in.I would think that is pretty big.Looks huge sized on youtube as well.Would love Riquelme but can't see it happening.

Totally agree Lazarus chin - don't forget Javi Naravarro, Poulson, and Jesus Navas. All welcome additions to our squad and would definately take us to that next level

watching Sevilla play now and I must say Javi Navarro is quality.Could do a good job as RB for us.

i think the signings that we are the closest to completing are bellamy,taylor,and NRC.Would be delighted to see all of them at the villa.Of course,we still have some "big name" signings to look forward to.That is the assumption i got from reading storey-moore's comments.

Yeah but as someone said yesterday the scary part about it is that just those three would mean an investment of £25M plus and our squad wouldn't look that much different to what it does we would still not have made a single big signing. But I wouldn't be complaining ...they're all English/British players, played in the Premiership and all that! If the budget is £30M then how much else will Randy need to spend?

saw this comment much earlier and it is spot on for me.

MON for the core of the team wants British players or those who have proved themselves in the PL

we have the money and TBH like under Gregory I want the core to be like this

Inn this context NFC is exactly the player we need

NFC?

If we got a central defender why not Curtis Davies?

Big upgrade from Liam Ridgewell and English too.

Why not go for Vincent Kompany.Excellent centreback.Wouldn't mind Davies but i guess it depends on wba winning the playoff final.

A lot of talk about Curtis Davies but he has hardly been great at WBA, relegated and then 4th in the 1st division with the best squad. WBA haven't really missed him while he has been out injured. For the money quoted I would rather get an international who is proven.

As for RB, I reckon Heitinga is worth a punt. Might take some to prise him from Ajax now that they're in the CL next season though. Sonic needs to put in a few words for us with him and his mate Wesley ;)

As for RB, I reckon Heitinga is worth a punt. Might take some to prise him from Ajax now that they're in the CL next season though. Sonic needs to put in a few words for us with him and his mate Wesley ;)

il do what i can....no promises

our "Wez" can be a tough nut to crack :D

i am hilarious :oops:

Bouma will be on the plane to Thailand tomorrow with the Dutch squad handing out brochures of Bodymoor Heath and giving a carefully rehearsed sales pitch on behalf of Mon and Aston Villa.

We will then sign the whole of the Dutch national team in the next ten days.

Sorted! :lol: