Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Horrible as West Ham fans may be, why Reo-Coker? They didn't just say, "Ooh, who can we vent our spleen on? Harewood? Noooo. Etherington? Noooo." There's a reason isn't there?

I think the reason was that he had been performing so badly. But, more importantly that I think he is the ring-leader of the little "gang" they have at West Ham, that thinks they own the club. I'd gladly have him at VP though!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible as West Ham fans may be, why Reo-Coker? They didn't just say, "Ooh, who can we vent our spleen on? Harewood? Noooo. Etherington? Noooo." There's a reason isn't there?

I think the reason was that he had been performing so badly. But, more importantly that I think he is the ring-leader of the little "gang" they have at West Ham, that thinks they own the club. I'd gladly have him at VP though!

Ohhh! And what were they up to?

i have heard we are close to signing young swedish striker Henok Goitom he is being compared to Ibrahimovic.Any one heard of him

Well he has scored a lot of goals in the spanish second division with Murcia (?, not sure there) where he is on loan from Udinese. He has reportedly attracted interest from Real Madrid. With Mon and ISM been away to many games in europe there might be some truth in this one.

This example pretty much shows you that the fans upset him quite badly:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JG-qw-jqD8

Jesus!!!!! Look at his reaction. The fans have done that to him!

The fans gave him so much shit that if it was me I would of considered quiting football.

poor lad looks so pissed off and unhappy even tho he just scored a goal!Come to the villa,we'll treat you right.We'll give you some of the lovin that you're cravin!!!Shammers are scum,they should be in the championship.Oh well,their loss is our gain.That is if NRC comes to villa,which i fully expect him to.

A majority of us will back him until he has a bad game then the hate mob on this board will start on him as per Petrov :roll:

NRC is/was one of their best players so they expected top performances week in and week out. Players like Harewood are shite... so when they play shite the fans cant really complain

I dont know the details... but sometime before the takeover the WHU fans started their hatred compaign agaisnt NRC and many of the other players too. The team had low moral... players were just playing for their pay checks... etc etc etc how can you expect a young player to play at his best with all of that shit going on

NRC - come to villa and where MON will welcome you with his bosom :D

i have heard we are close to signing young swedish striker Henok Goitom he is being compared to Ibrahimovic.Any one heard of him

Well he has scored a lot of goals in the spanish second division with Murcia (?, not sure there) where he is on loan from Udinese. He has reportedly attracted interest from Real Madrid. With Mon and ISM been away to many games in europe there might be some truth in this one.

If there is some truth he won't be anything like Ibrahimovic. MON gave him a right slating on the BBC

Come to the villa,we'll treat you right.We'll give you some of the lovin that you're cravin!!!

I'll point out the fact that Jlloyd Samuel received dogs abuse for quite a few games because of a couple of fatal errors....

:?

True,but Jlloyd was absolute shite and his attitude wasn't been encouraging or enthusiastic, he didn't seem interested.Hendrie's also received stick but he's kinda deserved it.Calling him a bluenose was totally unacceptable though.However,I don't believe in abusing your own players when they're playing on the pitch.I don't mind constructive criticism but I can't stand when fans just out and out abuse their own players.

He is not a a prolific goalscoring midfielder (Petrov was and has struggled - look at the stick he got)

He is not known for his Makele-esque defensive midfielder capabilities (I'd say McCann-esque but I'd get slaughtered :winkold: )

Thought he was utter cack when they came to play at VP this season gone.

Can't see what all the fuss is about.

:?

This example pretty much shows you that the fans upset him quite badly:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JG-qw-jqD8

Jesus!!!!! Look at his reaction. The fans have done that to him!

The fans gave him so much shit that if it was me I would of considered quiting football.

poor lad looks so pissed off and unhappy even tho he just scored a goal!Come to the villa,we'll treat you right.We'll give you some of the lovin that you're cravin!!!Shammers are scum,they should be in the championship.Oh well,their loss is our gain.That is if NRC comes to villa,which i fully expect him to.

A majority of us will back him until he has a bad game then the hate mob on this board will start on him as per Petrov :roll:

you'll always have a hate mob i.e. Petrov - BUT it seems that the WHOLE WHU fan base has joined up to the HATE NRC mob

I heard he was on of the Bentley Boys at WHU and I heard this was one of the reasons Young did not want to talk to WHU due to the Bentley Boys acting like clearings in the woods on U21 duty.

He is a good player though and when fans get on your back it is bound to affect your performance. I still remain to be convinced that he is the sort of player to help take us to the 'next level' though

For statos Joey Barton has scored more goals/min, got more assists and interestingly a hell of a lot of crosses for a central midfield player.

Forget the previous incidents - they can be controlled.

He would take us to the next level and would cost 5 million.

If we bought NRC for 8 million I think I'd be very concerned.

According to wiki,he's 6ft 5in,which makes him perfect as backup for carew.And because,he's spent the last season playing in the segunda division,i think he wouldn't mind being on the bench and being a squad player.At 22, he can learn from carew as well.sounds good except i've never seen him play.Nevertheless,in MON i trust.

A personal opinion of course but I would love Barton and Bellamy at Villa. We haven't had a player that opposition fans hate for quite a while. I can't count Lee Hendrie cus I hated him as well. Barton is an arse but him and Barry were the games two outstanding players at Eastlands and at VP earlier in the season. Bellamy fit's the MON type for the new Villa, quick moving and fast paced. Gordon, Bellamy, Barton, Taylor and a couple of others would make me happy with the summer. I also really doubt that Villa will go all British with their transfer policy this summer as they have covered too many overseas games to not have a couple of foreign targets.

Concerned about the price? Choice of player? Or both?

To me the price is irrelevant. If O'Neill wants him and the board are willing to go out and get him that's good enough for me.

IMO he's a good player with a bit of everything and scope to improve. At the very least he's twice the footballer McCann is, so a step in the right direction.

Wasn't Reo-Coker

(a) One of the big gambling boys?

(B) Slagging off Pardew all the time?

a) Bit libelous that. None of us know that for a fact

B) Don't recall. Probably. Although it has since come to light that Pardew had completely lost the confidence of his players. I'm convinved they would of gone down if he'd stayed. Doe that make it right? No, but there were times a year or so ago I wish one of our players had made a stand against the manager.

For statos Joey Barton has scored more goals/min, got more assists and interestingly a hell of a lot of crosses for a central midfield player.

Forget the previous incidents - they can be controlled.

He would take us to the next level and would cost 5 million.

tbh i don't mind either one of Barton or NRC.barton is talented and at 5 mill would be a bargain.Sure he has emotional baggage and is a bit agro,but i think MON can keep him under control.

And why can't we talk about signing model pros who don't stub cigars out in people's eyes, go on nighttime missions looking for team-mates with a golf club, etc?

Go ahead, suggest a few. These are the players we're being linked with.