Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah its easy isnt it, striking a ball that is coming to you at pace, first time from 40 yards - you would have even scored it, that's how easy it is

Just showed his lack of composure. He had time to take a touch and still get the shot off.

It's typical of his game, raw, rushed and technically lacking.

I wouldn't want somebody like Sissoko in a 4 man midfield, he's too limited.

Sissoko's game isn't to be a Paul Scholes in the middle with ranges of passing, his game is to stifle the midfield, harrass people, By a mile he has the strongest engine at Liverpool.

Spot on. Hence the makelele comparison.

You just said he's the complete footballer, with everything to his game. Have you ever seen him?

Gerrard is pretty close to having everything to his game, now compare him to Sissoko...the difference is vast.

Sissoko doesn't actually play for Liverpool anymore, hence the story. They now have a proper player in Mascherano, a guy who can actually do most things on a pitch.

Erm yes i have seen him play hence why i think your notion is floored!! :roll: , it's funny, with Sissoko they won the euro cup, without him they lost it, i don't think Maschereno is better than him, and i don't know how you can compare Gerrard to Momo when the age difference is about 4 years!!, Gerrard was hardly pulling up trees when he was 22 either, and even when he was 24 he was beaten time and time again by Vieria in the midfield battle, i think Momo has the tools to go all the way, if you don't that's fine, no need to shed tears over it.

Yeah its easy isnt it, striking a ball that is coming to you at pace, first time from 40 yards - you would have even scored it, that's how easy it is

Just showed his lack of composure. He had time to take a touch and still get the shot off.

It's typical of his game, raw, rushed and technically lacking.

I wouldn't want somebody like Sissoko in a 4 man midfield, he's too limited.

I disagree. Especially if we are to harbour ambitions of playing in europe at some stage and competing in the premiership, we will need a genuine defensive midfielder, a ball winner and someone who will break up play. He would be a brilliant addition to our squad.

Ill put it this way, would you rather we sorted out a new contract for 29 year old McCann attracting attention from Sunderland or signed 22 year old Sissoko who is attracting attention from Barca to replace him?

No contest.

it's funny, with Sissoko they won the euro cup, without him they lost it,

No, they didn't.

He wasn't there when they won it.

Shows how much you know. :crylaugh:

Gerrard was hardly pulling up trees when he was 22 either, and even when he was 24 he was beaten time and time again by Vieria in the midfield battle, i think Momo has the tools to go all the way, if you don't that's fine, no need to shed tears over it.

When Sissoko can score, pass long and short, play through balls and carry the ball through midfield...he'll be fit to be compared with Gerrard, until then he's a black Robbie Savage.

I think Mascherano is better than Sissoko

I think Alonso is better than Sissoko

I hear that the Brazilian Liverpool have picked up (Diego?) is a tremendous prospect in the same role

Rafa seems to love DM's, Sissoko has fantastic energy and would be a decent signing.

When Sissoko can score, pass long and short, play through balls and carry the ball through midfield...he'll be fit to be compared with Gerrard, until then he's a black Robbie Savage.

Shows how much you know, Robbie Savage was actually a very good player.

it's funny, with Sissoko they won the euro cup, without him they lost it,

No, they didn't.

He wasn't there when they won it.

Shows how much you know. :crylaugh:

Gerrard was hardly pulling up trees when he was 22 either, and even when he was 24 he was beaten time and time again by Vieria in the midfield battle, i think Momo has the tools to go all the way, if you don't that's fine, no need to shed tears over it.

Oh my mistake, i mistook the champions league for the european super cup!!, obviously that proves that i haven't seen the lad play of course!! :roll: , and excuse me what's momo's race have to do with the debate?, you're going way off course here with your feeble argument, the lad can pass, break up play and strike the ball well, i don't know why those facts hurt you so much!!, it's strange.

Oh my mistake, i mistook the champions league for the european super cup!!, obviously that proves that i haven't seen the lad play of course!!

Pretty big mistake to make.

And completely blows your argument out of the water, as Sissoko had no influence on them winning the champions league.

He was there when they got knocked out in the 2nd round last year though. :crylaugh:

and excuse me what's momo's race have to do with the debate?, you're going way off course here with your feeble argument, the lad can pass, break up play and strike the ball well, i don't know why that fact hurts you so much!!, it's strange.

He can't pass and he doesn't strike the ball well though. That's where I object.

Guest VillaFan1

I,d have Sissoko here any day hes a v.good player saw him a year back at VP and he looked solid !

Hes much better than MCcann put it that way lol

Liverpool allways the same Defensive minded thats why they lost the european cup

Pretty big mistake to make.

And completely blows your argument out of the water, as Sissoko had no influence on them winning the champions league.

What about my argument? I see you have decided to ignore it, cant say that i am at all surprised.

I disagree. Especially if we are to harbour ambitions of playing in europe at some stage and competing in the premiership, we will need a genuine defensive midfielder, a ball winner and someone who will break up play. He would be a brilliant addition to our squad.

Ill put it this way, would you rather we sorted out a new contract for 29 year old McCann attracting attention from Sunderland or signed 22 year old Sissoko who is attracting attention from Barca to replace him?

No contest.

I wouldn't have either.

I'd rather have a box to box midfielder, rather than somebody deemed to be a genuine defensive midfielder.

I think Sissoko is a player that needs quality around him to be good, his overall game is too weak for him to be the main man in a 4 man midfield. He needs a Gerrard round him, somebody he can knock it simple to and let them get on with it or he needs to be in a 5 man midfield where he can concentrate purely on defensive work.

Wouldn't be a good signing at all IMO and I don't think he'd succeed here.

Whos gonna agree to a £100 wager with me that no matter who we sign by Sept 1st, there will be a few that still won't be happy with who we buy

Fans in differing opinions shocker.

Got any more exclusives?