Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

If MON didnt sign Distin it's because he's got a better alternative.

Can't think of any.

Come on, theres a lot of defenders in the world. Just because a potential target out the thousands doesn't spring to mind to us doesn't mean he hasn't got a better alternative than Distin lined up.

according to the Mirror we have made a 5millon bid for Matt Taylor. Or has this already been mentioned?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a few chill pills are required for a few on here.. put it this way.. its just over excitement... ok some are not happy because we have not signed anyone/spent 30m yet this week.. we aint spent £1! Just have some bloody patience!!

The new season don't start till August! and its not even june yet and you'd think kick off was tomorrow the way some are getting.

You just need to read the quotes from MO'N and some of the Board, Mr Fitzgerald etc. that have been made so far to realise that, YES- We are targeting world class players and we sure as hell will sign 2 or 3 world class players as a few more quality signings to add to the squad. but NO to rushing and signing them, thats panic buying and fan pleasing tactics.. i guess some of you need to get the old regime and way of life out of your systems.

MO'N will not be rushed into anything, nor will he be ushered into paying stupid money either for someone who clearly is not worth that amount..

You can bet your ass M'ON has his targets already drawn up long before now and now its putting them plans into action and getting these players. But to dissapoint some of you again - all this will not happen in 24 hours so get used to it!

The true saying goes - Good things come to those who wait!

Theres still over 3 months of the transfer window left i know, but personally i do believe M'ON again is working on signing the players he wants before our pre season plans get under way and this would be the logical thing to do, for those that can't understand why - i cannot be bothered explaining, those that do will know where i am coming from.

Ok other teams have signed a few players that maybe other VT members might have wanted to see at the Villa,

Don't let it get to you and treat it as a pinch of salt in a way of thinking "thats a good signing to them" and forget it.

I am more worried about our signings than other teams, and if we ain't signed these players that have already been snapped up it only means we are after better quality players.

Now its interesting to read some are posting about 12m for Bellamy and not paying that much for him...

when only about 60-70 pages back he was a cert to sign for us / already agreed etc..

so is it-

: He's already agreed to sign for us a few months back anyway for a fee (not 12m either).

: Liverplop are only issuing this statement of 12m price tag to scare other teams off going in for him now to prevent holding up his move to Villa.

: Paper just looking stupid as usual by patronising itself by saying a month ago he was a Cert Villa Player - Now he has a 12m price tag on him and is still available?

6-7 Players needed

30-50m speculated Transfer Budget

Who will Villa sign?? - O'Neil deciiiidesss!

... il Get my coat!

If MON didnt sign Distin it's because he's got a better alternative.

Can't think of any.

well luckily for us just because some bloke on the internet can't think of any doesn't mean there aren't better defenders than distin to sign. :roll:

Can i ask one question! What is it with the Big obsession to Craig Bellamy & Jermaine Defore?

Anyone would think that those two where the only 2 strikers in the world to choose from!

If you read this entire thread you'd think there was only about 10 players in the whole world to choose from. :D

In todays market i am afraid we will have to pay over the odds with all the money coming into the game next season i am not suprised or bothered about 12 million its about right if you look what man utd payed for carrick and we payed for young etc liverpool only got him for six because of a clause in his contract,12 million is the new 8 million,Also i saw on sky today we are going to make a 5 million bid for taylor.If we want the higher level players we will have to pay higher level prices and as long as we are not going to do a leeds and we can afford it then i couldnt give a toss bellamy is a top player and i am sure we could haggle them down to ten.

Can i ask one question! What is it with the Big obsession to Craig Bellamy & Jermaine Defore?

Anyone would think that those two where the only 2 strikers in the world to choose from!

Because they are gettable Rigo, alot of other ones are not.

Liverplop have been taking the piss out of us with regards to strikers over the years.

And to top it off West 'Am are going to start bumping up prices.

:evil:

The Times links us to Marlon Harewood. Would be seriously pissed off if that happened and would begin to question some judgement.

Also says Scott parker to Wet Spam, wouldn't mind him in our midfield

The Times links us to Marlon Harewood. Would be seriously pissed off if that happened and would begin to question some judgement.

Harewood is a waste of space. Not the sort of striker we need.

West Ham seem to be buying a replacement for reo-Coker.

The Harewood link again, hmmmm.

Would be good as a back up to Carew imo.

That's all.

But its like signing two players with the size of that head.

The transfer page on the OS is fecking hilarious.

They have bascially compiled a list of Players that has ever farted within 10 miles of VP.

:roll:

my name is in there some where. I was quite flattered. :oops: