Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

300 odd pages of nothing speculation add another one talking about bloody maldini,legend great player but why even debate him coming to villa we have the same chance of signing maldini as we have of signing pele.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but why even debate him coming to villa we have the same chance of signing maldini as we have of signing pele.

You could say the same thing about alot of the players mentioned in this thread.

I'd say that if Maldini came to the PL it would be to a club like Villa for sure. I don't think he will leave Milan though, but if. I mean, classy or not, I don't think that any of the big 4 would take him at his age, and that leaves us and a couple of other clubs, so yes, if he'd come to the PL we might have a chance. Especially as we have an old friend of him in the team. Could be a good affair to get him for a year. The others could learn much from him, he's more experience than most players in the world, he could cover both left and central defence. But I don't think we will sign him. But not impossible at all. Woudl I want it? Well, why not? He's a huge name and great PR for the club.

Some people seems to whine about this thread is only about speculations and suggestions. Well, what can we do? Not much of rumours so far, so we can't talk much about such. God knows where this thread will end when the real rumours starts to roll in. As I think they will next week or the week after that.

300 odd pages of nothing speculation add another one talking about bloody maldini,legend great player but why even debate him coming to villa we have the same chance of signing maldini as we have of signing pele.

May I refer you to the title of the thread.

My thoughts exactly Pelle. There have been plenty of examples of big name players coming to the end of their careers and having a go in the Premiership (most of them at Bolton). I don't see him as being out of reach - it could be just the kind of challenge he might be looking for to finish his career. Scratching an itch you might say.

I wouldn't question his ability even at 38. And the effect of having a genuine winner in the side would be fantastic.

Just out of interest Jex who do you think we will sign? Virtually every name mentioned you have ruled out.

Not every name :D

I just dont think we will sign such a 'name' that are suggested regularly in this thread.

I'd say that if Maldini came to the PL it would be to a club like Villa for sure. I don't think he will leave Milan though, but if. I mean, classy or not, I don't think that any of the big 4 would take him at his age, and that leaves us and a couple of other clubs, so yes, if he'd come to the PL we might have a chance. Especially as we have an old friend of him in the team. Could be a good affair to get him for a year. The others could learn much from him, he's more experience than most players in the world, he could cover both left and central defence. But I don't think we will sign him. But not impossible at all. Woudl I want it? Well, why not? He's a huge name and great PR for the club.

Some people seems to whine about this thread is only about speculations and suggestions. Well, what can we do? Not much of rumours so far, so we can't talk much about such. God knows where this thread will end when the real rumours starts to roll in. As I think they will next week or the week after that.

First...he would never leave Milan.

Second...IF he was to leave he wouldnt choose Villa because we dont play CL. CL is one of his true goals left as a footballer and he still has the drive to want that trophy again and again and again.

Third...We couldnt afford his salary and he wouldnt want to switch the city of Milan to Birmingham. It would mean a huge stepdown in class, both in football and in every day life...so this is really no need to speculate about.

I think we would have a fair chance of siging Pele if we offered wages at around £50-70k per week. I think he is available on an Bosman, so we would have to throw in a huge sign on fee as well.

Maldini - LOL!

Get real folks; have you nothing better to do than make up fanciful dreams.

Anyone should know that Maldini could not play in the Premier League; how many 39yr old FB's have there been over here in recent years for God's sake!

I think we should sign Oddo because he has a great name that is the same said backwards.

Yeah Mr. Oddo, it's just comical.

However, I think Micah Richards should be high on Villa's list although I feel Chelski may get him!

I think Richards would be great and I don't think he'd turn down Villa if it wasnt for attention of the top 4. Richards aint going to happen (patent of JEZ :D ) because Chelsea actually need a right back. A lot of names suggested here get shot down cos they're apparently good enough for the top 4 but often the top 4 dont need the particular player. In Richards case they do.

However, I think Micah Richards should be high on Villa's list although I feel Chelsea may get him!

even more unlikely that he will come to us as I believe he comes from a family of Bluenoses ...

His parents are from Leeds. He was only born in Brum cos his parents were visiting relatives. If its his brummie relatives that are blue noses that seems a little distant to affect a career decision.