Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

portsmouth are acting quickly if they confirm the signings of distin and muntari today.......2 very good players that would have enhanced our squad

im surprised there was no competition for Muntari's signature

i think redknapp clearly doesnt want to miss out on players like he did last summer

its encouraging to hear the guardian mention sneijder..but they are clearly regurgitating the Mail story

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone not like Junhinio from Lyon? That would be lovely.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

I reckon he'd score 5 from dead balls per season.

Id love him at Villa, class act although getting on a bit. I think he scored about 14 goals from set pieces in 1 season once.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Id love him at Villa, class act although getting on a bit. I think he scored about 14 goals from set pieces in 1 season once.

i've got it in my head now that this is the type of player we need to sign. imagine having great wingers (young) and a brilliant A-M laying on silky smooth balls for Carew + new striker

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

i've got it in my head now that this is the type of player we need to sign. imagine having great wingers (young) and a brilliant A-M laying on silky smooth balls for Carew + new striker

Or Carew and Gabby. A midfield with good vision would love playing balls through to Gabby because his pace and movement are superb. We saw examples of this when Berger was back in the team. I can see Gabby scoring a hatful next season with the right service.

according to BBC we're in for a £ 1.5 Naismith bid

BBC gossip

If this is true then there is nothing wrong with that. No doubt fans will say we shouldnt be buying the likes of Naismith from poor leagues but if MON thinks he can do a job for us and he has potential then we have to trust his judgement.

for a quick example who had heard of Vidic, Solskjaer or even Schimeical before Fergie brought them on the cheap. Look how they turned out.

We have money but still don't need to spend it for the sake of it. We will spend when the time is right.

for a quick example who had heard of Vidic, Solskjaer or even Schimeical before Fergie brought them on the cheap. Look how they turned out.

We'd been linked with a bid for Vidic for a few months before Man Utd snapped him up. So I think a fair few had heard of him. You're point is still completely correct though.

Eidur Gudjohnsen anyone? I see a few clubs are sniffing around him and he hasn't played as much as he would have liked for Barca. I reckon he's the kind of player we should be in for. A class act who has seen his stock fall slightly for whatever reason. Similar to the situation Carew found himself in.

There is another class player who would definately be worth signing, but finds himself at something of a crossroads.... Alonso?

I disagree, Jez. I really feel they are in the "Carew" bracket. Class players who we wouldn't normally expect to look twice at us. If we offer em first team football, very attractive wages and the opportunity to join a club on the up... it could happen!