Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I long for the day when I see a post about a potential signing from you Jez that does not start wtih "We aint going to sign him...."

There has been a few Richard, but in regard to this dutch wonder kid i cannot see him at VP :(

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once suggested Kieran Richardson, I do however acknowledge that he isn't what we are looking for. However, he could have been if were still under Doug. Easily as well.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to in my post.

You still haven't told us how you became an expert on the career and talents of Paul Scharner.

I would be astounded if we got Sneijder to be honest. I'm not a pessimist by any stretch, but some players really are a link too far. It does show where we're trying to get to though, the fact that we're strongly linked. I'd say a cheeky bid for van Bommel too :P

If, IF we can even bring this guy in for negotiations and get him to consider joining us, that would show our ambitions and send out huge signals of intent to the whole of Europe.

If, IF we signed him or a player of his calibre though, i think that would signal the beginning of the emergence of Aston Villa as a force to be reckoned with once again!

I would be astounded if we got Sneijder to be honest. I'm not a pessimist by any stretch, but some players really are a link too far. It does show where we're trying to get to though, the fact that we're strongly linked. I'd say a cheeky bid for van Bommel too :P

IMO Sneijder is just inside the top end of our capabilities so I'm a bit more optimistic than yourself, loving you van bommel suggestion

I wouldn't go that far as to say he's "out of our reach", he's not the next Ronaldinho or Kaka, if we met Ajax's valution (which no-one has thus far) then i'm pretty sure we can afford the wages and then it's all up to him, he's not staying in the dutch league so we might have a chance, as has been proved with the other dutch "wonder kid" Van der Vert going to of all teams Hamburg

If, IF we signed him or a player of his calibre though, i think that would signal the beginning of the emergence of Aston Villa as a force to be reckoned with once again!

I think to be fair, the signing of a player of Carew's stature in the game has already done that.

I wouldn't go that far as to say he's "out of our reach", he's not the next Ronaldinho or Kaka, if we met Ajax's valution (which no-one has thus far) then i'm pretty sure we can afford the wages and then it's all up to him, he's not staying in the dutch league so we might have a chance, as has been proved with the other dutch "wonder kid" Van der Vert going to of all teams Hamburg

How much do they value him at though? Id imagine in excess of £15mil?

I think to be fair, the signing of a player of Carew's stature in the game has already done that.

I think to some extent it has, but with a player like Sneijder it would really force people to take notice as id put him one level up from Carew, so to speak, in terms of player reputation and ability etc.

I know nothing about Naismith other than the fact he went on trial to Arsenal who then didn't follow it up. The only other team reportedly interested in him from England is .... Bristol Rovers.

or should that be 'are Bristol Rovers' :P

Valencia are rumoured to have offered between 8-10 million pounds for Sneijder that was rejected and like a lot of so called big clubs they may not be able to come up with any more cash. We can, so that makes Villa a real player in the european TRANSFER MARKET this summer imo.