Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: No, not a Wigan STH. I have Sky+ and watch all the highlights programmes and any live matches that are not PPV every week so I'd say over a course of a season I'd see Scharner (and most Premiership players) play maybe 15-20 times if not more. The one thing that I do like about him is that he is supposed to be madder than a hatter, which I always find an endearing quality in a footballer :thumb:

Latics midfielder Scharner has been linked with a move, with Everton and Aston Villa possible destinations.

Shoddy journalism. Every club in the world is technically a 'possible destination'. Scharner is below us. Might sound snobbish but I believe he is.

Whenever I have watched Wigan he has always been the player that has stood out for me. plus he would dye his hair claret and blue. thats what you call dedication!

Good point. Let's all move on, nothing to see here.

Maybe Kieron Richardson might be available?

Oh jesus god no, perfect example of playing for a big club doesn't make you good. dire player! Other examples include, Boulahrouz, Ferreira and Fletcher.

i have got the impression from little things ive read from the general on here and other people there will be less british players or players already in the premier league coming in and more from the european game this transfer window although i do think we will sign bellamy.

Oh jesus god no, perfect example of playing for a big club doesn't make you good. dire player! Other examples include, Boulahrouz, Ferreira and Fletcher.

I'm starting to have a grudging respect for Fletcher to be honest. Shh, don't tell anyone though :shock:

i have got the impression from little things ive read from the general on vitalvilla and other people there will be less british players or players already in the premier league coming in and more from the european game this transfer window although i do think we will sign bellamy.

If you look at the recent history of our signings I'd say the sucess rate has been alot higher with players from abroad so id say its probably a good thing if this is the case. The only worry i would have is how long it would take for players to settle and team to gel.

Yeah for boro or another crap club. No where near Villa quality - Maloney, Young, Berger, Gardner, Davis, Barry etc etc are all better than him.

Sorry if it's posted, Birmingham Mail has linked us with Sneijder

Bwwhahahahah Bill really is desperate now Doug is not there feeding him rumours! Too busy reading VT by the looks of things.

We're not going to sign Sneijder, i'll stick my neck out and say that!

I think Sneijder could be a real possibility if he wants to play in the premiership. Some may think he would only join for one of the big four but he wouldnt be guaranteed first team football at one of these clubs?

The chances are though he will go to Spain.

Maybe a little O/T but i was watching Jimmy Hills Sunday Supplement yesterday and whilst on the subject of how Beckham has played at Madrid this year, Oliver Holt from the Mirror mentioned that he was sitting with John Robertson at some awards evening last week and he said that JR had told him that he had been watching Madrid all season and that Becks was one of their best players.

This aint a Beckham rumour by the way, I was just excited that we may sign someone from Real Madrid!!

Why would JR be watching Real Madrid if there aint someone there on MON shortlist??