Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about some of the dutch players? RVP, Robben...

:lol: Dream on.

What's that supposed to mean? World class players i think i heard somewhere...

Yeah, because players will be tripping over themselves to leave Arsenal and Chelsea and Champions League football for 11th placed Villa.

Get real.

We'll be signing some good players this summer but some people really need to buy a ticket into the real world.

Yeah, because players will be tripping over themselves to leave Arsenal and Chelsea and Champions League football for 11th placed Villa.

Get real.

We'll be signing some good players this summer but some people really need to buy a ticket into the real world.

WOW! And to think some of you would of liked Owen Hargreaves at villa...

Get real.

Some of us would HAVE liked Owen Hargreaves at Villa but unfortunately realism got the better of our delusions.

What kind of chance do we have of signing Robben or RVP?

It's one thing to be linked with players like Huntelaar and Sneijder, they would be stepping up to a better league with better wages. But Robben and RVP are at 2 of the biggest clubs in the world.

Get real.

Some of us would HAVE liked Owen Hargreaves at Villa but unfortunately realism got the better of our delusions.

Yeah mate, i would of liked someone who can run down the opposite wing than ashley young and another striker that can finish

Get real.

Yeah mate, i would of liked someone who can run down the opposite wing than ashley young and another striker that can finish

Some of us would HAVE liked someone who can run down the opposite wing TO Ashley Young and another striker WHO can finish too but unfortunately realism got the better of our delusions.

It's a quote-a-thon in here!

Yea, Van Persie and Robben will definitely want to join Villa and Chelsea and Arsenal will definitely let them leave....oh and Angelina Jolie just left my bedroom...

Back on planet reality...

A lot of you seem to lack confidence in the ability of Villa to sign top class players. Media pundits are now starting to speculate about Aston Villa as the club most capable of joining the top 4 and yet still we talk about signing other clubs cast offs!

Mon will be targeting the kind of top players that other clubs don't want to lose if he is to back up the well publicised ambitions of our new board, so shouldn't we be concentrating on deals where financial clout and AVFC's ambition can win out? Why not bid for Huntelaar, Sneijder, Ribery et al rather than Defoe, Sidwell, NRC etc.

Watching the top teams last season demonstrated that the reason they are a class apart is because they have two or three outstanding players who win matches for them. How many more games would Villa win if we had three more outstanding individual players in our team?

A lot of you seem to lack confidence in the ability of Villa to sign top class players. Media pundits are now starting to speculate about Aston Villa as the club most capable of joining the top 4 and yet still we talk about signing other clubs cast offs!

Mon will be targeting the kind of top players that other clubs don't want to lose if he is to back up the well publicised ambitions of our new board, so shouldn't we be concentrating on deals where financial clout and AVFC's ambition can win out? Why not bid for Huntelaar, Sneijder, Ribery et al rather than Defoe, Sidwell, NRC etc.

Watching the top teams last season demonstrated that the reason they are a class apart is because they have two or three outstanding players who win matches for them. How many more games would Villa win if we had three more outstanding individual players in our team?

I agree but at least for next season we should aim to sign top players but not necessarily from the top clubs. We need to sign players for whom we are a step up or at least on an equal footing with their current club.

Not many rumours surrounding potential signings for Villa today.

Things are happening quietly but surely, I like it.

All these people saying 'dream on' with certain potential signings, I think you're in for a shock.

You've been living under the Ellis regime for far too long, your mindset will change eventually.

Gonna be a great summer!

5-6 quality players is what we will sign and we will be much better for it

the fact is were nowhere near good enough to sing players like robben and van persie as why would they leave top european teams to come to us?

and the fact some people think were not good enoguh to sign people like nugent amazes me, hes the sort of player we can realistly sign

Why not bid for Huntelaar, Sneijder, Ribery et al rather than Defoe, Sidwell, NRC etc.

Yeah, just go for foereigners with fancy names, they are always better than proven premiership quality....

Drogba, Henri, Ronaldo, Ruud Van Nistelrooy. They were worth a punt at the time even though they weren't premiership proven.

we wont sign the world class players until we are in the CL..

we may get the odd one or two.. but until then we would get players in the lower category.. unless Lerner really throws the bank at them financially which i cant see him doing the way Chelsea did to bring the big names.

Why not bid for Huntelaar, Sneijder, Ribery et al rather than Defoe, Sidwell, NRC etc.

Yeah, just go for foereigners with fancy names, they are always better than proven premiership quality....

You can only prove you can play in the premiership once your given the chance. Quality players like the names just mentioned can play in any league and probably cost less than the so called proven premiershop quality. They just may take longer to settle.