Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Regarding Gabby and his development if we sign a superstar up front, I have two things to say:

He will get his chances as there are no way John Carew will be free of injuries

There is another option though, and that is to sign a good finisher that is here for the short term. I am actually thinking of Ole Gunnar Solskjær. Why?

1) He is a true professional and will be a model for the young lads (Gabby, Young etc.)

2) He will be the best finisher this club has had since Yorke

3) His understanding and play with Carew in the national team has been superb, and he actually makes Carew a better player than when Carew is on his own or with another striker

4) He is old and will need to rest quite a few matches. This will let Gabby and Moore play matches and they will continue the development. Then we can see where we stand in a year with Gabby or if we need a super striker that will keep Gabby on the bench forever (if he has not developed).

Remenber how much a player can develop in a short time (Gabby and Bouma this season and Hitz in Stuttgart after he left us), and if we do this the right way maybe Gabby or Moore will be our "new" super striker.

I think we should spend heavily on defenders and midfielders and Boruc this summer.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heinze? Ferreira? Antunez? Nugent? Defoe? Bellamy? Alves? Huntelaar? Sniejder?

Alot of people are going to be dissapointed this transfer window

Agreed Spoony, I can't see us signing all of those players and those that we don't buy are bound to be left very dissapointed that they will not be joining Randy & Martin's Villa. :winkold:

He has an extraordinary good partnership with Carew which is a LOT better than what I have seen Gabby has.

He makes Carew A LOT better than when Carew plays alone or with Gabby.

He would be the best finisher we have had since Yorke. Hell, maybe he even can learn Carew to become a good finisher.

It will give Gabby a great opportunity to improve and become a very good striker.

He has an extraordinary good partnership with Carew which is a LOT better than what I have seen Gabby has.

He makes Carew A LOT better than when Carew plays alone or with Gabby.

He would be the best finisher we have had since Yorke. Hell, maybe he even can learn Carew to become a good finisher.

It will give Gabby a great opportunity to improve and become a very good striker.

You mustn't have watched the last 10 games or so of the season then when Gabby played up front and not wide right.

Only 7 of them, I think. I agree that Gabby has played well with Carew and I have not at all tried to say that ha has not had the understanding with Carew. Its just that the Solskjær-Carew link is a lot better.

There is not a doubt that OGS has finishing skills and an eye for goal, none of our players got and ever will have. BUT he wouldnt leave OT if it bombed, and he is very injury proned these days.

I might write a letter reccomending alfonso alves to M'On.

Why dont we just bid 15m, he is obviously pure class, and brazilian. He has to be good if he is brazilian.... Anyone got Martin's phone no.

On a more serious note, i feel it would be great if there was someway of contacting AVFC to give suggestions on transfers, a little like what lazio do. Although i think the fans actually have the final say!

I do trust Martins opinion and fully believe who he chooses will make us top 4 material, but a bit of help along the way......anyone!?

Guys when can we expect some transfer activity ? - Do we have an end of season tour ? - and MON holidays ? - Im guessing that the activity might not be until july ? - what do you reckon ?

Well Kingrollo, I understand that Martin wants all the deals done before pre-season training, so I suspect we will try to have our deals done sooner rather than later but that depends to some extent on the selling clubs and players not wanting to listen to any other potential offers.

Its all a bit cat & mouse - Distin will wait for the best offer, Bent is going to go somewhere, if its spurs expect us to move for defoe or keane - unless we already have bellamy !

I think that Distin will go where the money is best for him (Portsmouth?) and I think Martin might prefer a central defender that puts who he will be playing for before the salary he will be getting in making his decision. I would like to see Bent join us but I think he might want to stay in London or sign for a top 4 club, Mido may be the striker Spurs want out rather then Defoe, but I can't see Defoe wanting to stick around as 1 of 4 strikers next season. I wonder whether Defoe would be player enough to resist the hope of one of the top 4 coming in for him and to move from London to us or is as you suggest Bellamy just waiting to pick up his losers medal next week? Or does Martin have another name in mid. We just might find out within the next 2 -3 weeks.

I might write a letter reccomending alfonso alves to M'On.

Why dont we just bid 15m, he is obviously pure class, and brazilian. He has to be good if he is brazilian.... Anyone got Martin's phone no.

On a more serious note, i feel it would be great if there was someway of contacting AVFC to give suggestions on transfers, a little like what lazio do. Although i think the fans actually have the final say!

I do trust Martins opinion and fully believe who he chooses will make us top 4 material, but a bit of help along the way......anyone!?

I see that Man U are linked with him today in the papers. If they do bid for him then we can write that one off.

On a more serious note, i feel it would be great if there was someway of contacting AVFC to give suggestions on transfers, a little like what lazio do.

I think the club may have some idea of the sort of names that we talk about V111AFC. :winkold:

well id not dismiss the suggestion John - he'd be a more than useful signing.

Possibly I was a bit harsh Stewie, but he has not played a lot of late and I can't see him playing for another club in the PL when he does leave Manchester United. I just don't think his heart would be in it and we want players at the peak of their form or with potential, I think OGS's best days are behind him.

Hargreaves confirmed as signing for Man Utd

Chelsea did not want him then. :lol: A good World Cup but who rated him before that? There are better midfield players out there and now Manchester United are out of the race for one let's sign one up!

Hargreaves confirmed as signing for Man Utd

Chelsea did not want him then. :lol: A good World Cup but who rated him before that? There are better midfield players out there and now Manchester United are out of the race for one let's sign one up!

I did he is class, Man U got a bargain!