Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always have room for better players though, so there is room for Gabriel Heinze if he was available.

Wouldn't you want this at VP?

Yes I do believe Heinze is better than Bouma but not such a huge step up to merit us bidding for him. There are more important areas of the pitch.

I'd just like to say again that I don't believe Heinze is even on the radar for us.

I don't think so either but hey this thread is 300 pages long and we haven't been properly linked with one player :) :)

So we are bound to make our own!

Heinze - Laursen - Mellberg - Ferreira would be a decent defensive foursome though.

Roca - reckon Heinze would shift to his centre half role if/when he moves to a new club?

I agree with this and also if we were in for him I very much doubt it would be to replace Bouma as the the Portuguese player we are strongly linked to is most likely going to be cover for him.

No offence to anyone in what i say here, but as its been rightly mentioned a few times on this thread so far, you can't take seriously a clip from youtube on a player that shows all his best bits, i think of all the references to players we should sign in the summer just because theres a good youtube video of them is weird.. i wonder if half the players in question that if we seen a video of all there poorest moments i wonder how many would still be shouting how good the player is.. would you still want to sign him then?

Yeah i know Amo and i wasn't really including Heinze in there but based on this seasons performance what iv'e seen of him has been pretty poor compared to the season he had before. Why do you think Fergy is letting him go.

But also in that, yeah we obviously know about him, but 85% of the other names for youtube videos of "wicked" players mentioned, we aint heard of!!

No offence to anyone in what i say here, but as its been rightly mentioned a few times on this thread so far, you can't take seriously a clip from youtube on a player that shows all his best bits, i think of all the references to players we should sign in the summer just because theres a good youtube video of them is weird.. i wonder if half the players in question that if we seen a video of all there poorest moments i wonder how many would still be shouting how good the player is.. would you still want to sign him then?

But it's not like we have any say in terms of signings. Mon has scouts across Europe. Sometimes a Youtube video is all we have.

I see what you mean but surely not every player has a video made of them. You gotta be half decent and be a favorite of fans for them to go out there way to make a video of your best bits.

Luke Young dosen't have one anyway. So we cant sign him! :winkold:

Not what im trying to get at is, some of the players we are "unsure of" have been mentioned becuase someones seen there youtube video and think he would be excellent, basically plucking a name out of air that we should get him all cus of this video, even though there has never been no mention of this certain player(s) have been even linked with us.

all was trying to touch on was half the videos of players mentioned for the sake of it and that we should sign, would we say the same if it was a video of how poor they can be aswell! do you get where i am coming from now?

Not what im trying to get at is, some of the players we are "unsure of" have been mentioned becuase someones seen there youtube video and think he would be excellent, basically plucking a name out of air that we should get him all cus of this video, even though there has never been no mention of this certain player(s) have been even linked with us.

all was trying to touch on was half the videos of players mentioned for the sake of it and that we should sign, would we say the same if it was a video of how poor they can be aswell! do you get where i am coming from now?

^I got where you were coming from at the start and sorry if i sounded a bit cheeky with my replies. But surely no fan would really want us to sign a player based on watching a YouTube video? Its just a nice way of looking at what they capable of if never heard of them. But I have to admit plucking names out the air can be a bit tiring but i think its just more of a case of fans being excited about who we will buy with it being to early for the real speculation to begin. So we have to go on anything we can.

Gabriel Heinze would be a perfect player for us, no doubt about it at all.

Sure he has been worser this season but it is due to his injuries, pressure and competition. Every time he has come on he has been under pressure to perform because Evra has gone from being a little headless chicken to world-class left back. Remember how quick things change in football, last season Heinze was superb and Evra couldn't control a ball. With a pre-season under his belt and 20 games on the trot Heinze would return to his previous form. I also think he looked really good today, he would become somewhat of a cult figure at Villa Park.

Would he come here though? Not a chance, he would only go to Spain or Italy and it really doesn't look like he wants to leave Old Trafford. Saying that, how many benchwarmers have left OT the last 10 years?

You really do send out mixed messages, i thought this was the type of player we should be aiming for if we really want Champions League.

You appear to be a media whore, so i thought Heinze would appeal to you.

For what it's worth i think left backis a positon that needs little consideration, and for the reasons Rocafella pinted out, Bouma has been hampered by injury, but had agood season, imagine how good he'll be with a preseason and 20 games under his belt !

how can anyone say that heinze would be a bad signing. the kid is class, FACT. he would be amazin at villa, he is twice the player that bouma is, and i rate bouma.

Please, please, see realism. Players like heinze would make us class. there really is no pleasin some people