Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how none of the media have got onto this story. I'm sorry but I don't buy it.

Do you buy any rumours?

Just because it doesn't appear in the media doesn't mean its not happening!

Haha, having a bit of a pop at me today aren't you?!

Funny how none of the media have got onto this story. I'm sorry but I don't buy it.

Do you buy any rumours?

Nope, just happen to be posting in the same discussions :)

GlastonSpur, thanks for posting but leave it now please. Let's talk about Villa. Good luck for next season though.

Am I the only person on this board that doesn't rate Sylvian Distan?

Nope - I dont think hes any better than what we have.

Saying that, he's on a free, and I don't think we can rely on Laursen for more than twenty games, so....

trabelsi is a good shout, how old is he though?

About 28 or 29. One of the best RBs in Europe at Ajax but Pearce was playing him at RM due to Richards being there.

Could do a lot worse imo.

He's the Tunisian Delaney though.

Do you buy any rumours?

Nope, just happen to be posting in the same discussions :)

:clap:

Well, okay, I'm going to stick my neck out and say this:-

Darren Bent will NOT sign for:-

1) Aston Villa

2) Tottenham Hotspur

He WILL sign for Manchester United!

That's my bet. More chance of signing for them than the two teams mentioned above.

Chelsea were linked in January, and it seems Mourinho is looking to buy English this summer.

A guy who can score goals for fun for Charlton, is going to be picked up by one of the top four sides in this country unless they REALLY DON'T want him and I genuinely believe this is not the case.

How sure of this am I?!

95%! :lol:

Not so sure about Viduka, stop-gaps aren't really much use to us anymore are they? I mean Sutton did well but now that we've 3 months to go player hunting I'd be surprised if MON went for too many old pros.

Although Distin on a free would be a good signing, I think you can always go for experience in defence over a youngling.

I'm assuming that by 'traffic' you means NewsNow and the like. What I'm telling you about Bent is not based on this - the traffic follows the event, not the other way around. We'll soon find out if your 'bollocks' comment is justified.

Can't agree with you. Like the Sidwell issue, theres always a level of traffic BEFORE the signing. Saying you'll sign Bent imo is you making a very educated guess but nothing more. And even if he does sign, you'll turn round and say 'see, i told you it would happen' but it wont make this conversation, at this point in time any more factual. For the record I think either Spurs or Liverpool his likely destination, with villa 3rd likely, but thats an assessment, judging by the factors in play, not down to insider knowledge, much as I suspect yours is. In fact you even factored in 'provided one of the top 4 don't come in' to save face. I'm not trying to get on at you just cos you're not villa but its no different from the 'defoe is at a hotel' crap that we're always having to listen to.

No mate, I'm not a fan either.

In fact, most of his best performances, IMO, have been against us! That's probably why a lot of Villa fans rate him :)

Don't get me wrong, I aint saying he's RUBBISH, and I suppose he is on a free.

But I believe we can do better, personally. Plus I'd be concerned he'd hinder the development of Cahill - and Ridge, if he stays.

SHOCK ANNOUNCEMENT, Sidwell Signs for Villa!..........

is what they will say when the news comes out. I've said it before and ill say it again, he has already signed for us. I can feel it in my bones.

As for this, you either know somit or you don't.

No offense mate, but all the tabloids are on this story of him moving to Chelsea, as are SSN.

It's not gonna happen.

I guess so. Its a shame though isnt it. He would be perfect for us.

No mate, I'm not a fan either.

In fact, most of his best performances, IMO, have been against us! That's probably why a lot of Villa fans rate him :)

Don't get me wrong, I aint saying he's RUBBISH, and I suppose he is on a free.

But I believe we can do better, personally. Plus I'd be concerned he'd hinder the development of Cahil - and Ridge, if he stays.

Great call Sheriff, spot on. I just wish that Laursen was bionic.

Im not suggesting Distin is a world beater, but an experienced defender on a free is good business. We kjow that O Neill likes to be shrewd in the transfer market and you dont always have to pay double figure sums.

Shaun Maloney was only £1m ;)