Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Bent is signing for Spurs to sit on the bench. If this is the case so be it, I like Bent but is he really as good as everyone makes out he is and has he really proven to be that much better than Defoe? If the latter was playing 90 minutes week in week out even for the likes of Charlton you can guarantee he would still bang in the goals!

I'd be happy with either player but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if neither came to us. There are many strikers in Europe that are just as good in my opinion.

Wasn't Ashley Young dead set on signing for Spurs as his dad was a Spurs fan?

Hmmmm...............

:lol:

Bwwwhahahahah thats true, that was a good one along with the Defoe hotel job.

Spurs are front runners for Bent though ;)

... Bent ... has he really proven to be that much better than Defoe? If the latter was playing 90 minutes week in week out even for the likes of Charlton you can guarantee he would still bang in the goals! ...

I agree with this - Defoe is a very good striker. Bent is not better, just different in style and with a different mix of abilities. The reason Spurs want him is because he'll able to play effectively with either Berbatov or Keane, whereas a Keane/Defoe partnership doesn't work that well, so when Berby is injured we're a bit stuffed.

If Villa bid for Defoe and he signs for you (no real idea how likely that is) I reckon Villa fans - including the doubters - would end up being well pleased with the goal-scoring results.

i normally appreciate glastonspur even handed view of the villa, and if nothing else its nice to hear an outsiders genuine view of the club, but those bent and barnes links really are bollocks I'm afraid. Barnes was rumoured to be going here there and everywhere in Jan and there is suprisingly little traffic out there about Bent at the minute. In fact the most interesting thing I read today was that Ipswich have a 15% sell on agreement

... Bent ... has he really proven to be that much better than Defoe? If the latter was playing 90 minutes week in week out even for the likes of Charlton you can guarantee he would still bang in the goals! ...

I agree with this - Defoe is a very good striker. Bent is not better, just different in style and with a different mix of abilities. The reason Spurs want him is because he'll able to play effectively with either Berbatov or Keane, whereas a Keane/Defoe partnership doesn't work that well, so when Berby is injured we're a bit stuffed.

If Villa bid for Defoe and he signs for you (no real idea how likely that is) I reckon Villa fans - including the doubters - would end up being well pleased with the goal-scoring results.

If you want to come on here at talk about Villa then fair play, but every time I read this thread there is more and more written about Spurs players and who Spurs are signing.

I get the feeling that if you didn't feel superior in your clubs ability to sign certain players then you wouldnt be posting on here at all - and its becoming a little irksome.

That is all :D

Wasn't Ashley Young dead set on signing for Spurs as his dad was a Spurs fan?

Hmmmm...............

:lol:

To be fair that would have been an understandable conclusion as his dad is a spurs fan. Problem being Ashley himself is an Arsenal fan, and Spurs never went above £7m which apparently, wasn't enough.

Is this Spurs fan Martin Jol or somit?!

If you are so certain about Darren Bent signing like you've said:- 'Sign within the next 7 days', why are you only 95% certain Bent is signing?!

Why leave that element of doubt if your so certain?

Why 7 days if fee and wages have been agreed? 7 days for a medical?! Pull the other one. You're just leaving yourself time for this transfer to MAYBE happen.

Stop guessing and stop saying Villa aren't getting him and we are. You don't know anything mate, just like the rest of us.

SHOCK ANNOUNCEMENT, Sidwell Signs for Villa!..........

is what they will say when the news comes out. I've said it before and ill say it again, he has already signed for us. I can feel it in my bones.

As for this, you either know somit or you don't.

No offense mate, but all the tabloids are on this story of him moving to Chelsea, as are SSN.

It's not gonna happen.

Jas, I am sure Spud can speak for himself but no one can be 100% until something happens. He appreciates something may happen between now and a signing.

Then he really doesn't know anything does he. He's simply guessing.

To dismiss Villa like that is a joke.

Please tell me how you know Darren Bent has had a medical at Spurs?! (From a Spurs message board I imagine).

Funny how none of the media have got onto this story. I'm sorry but I don't buy it.

I'm not sure whether this has been posted or not but either way it deserves extra attention:

And they [spurs] are in the hunt for Barcelona's out-of-favour former Chelsea frontman Eidur Gudjohnsen, too. (Daily Star)

Now that is a player I would not complain about being in a Villa shirt :lol:

FWIW I also disapprove of a Spurs fan posting on a website called VILLAtalk. It's like an away fan in the Holte End, if ur gonna do it at least try mingle with some subtlety and not harp on about your own team.

I don't give a rats arse who Spurs are signing and I certainly wouldnt go visit a Spurs forum to start telling them about potential Villa signings, because I'd just look like a twit trying to make myself and my club look cool.

I'm all for constructive discussion and criticisms etc that relate to VILLA and welcome any outside opinion, but this Spurs Spurs Spurs crap really gets on my tits...

i normally appreciate glastonspur even handed view of the villa, and if nothing else its nice to hear an outsiders genuine view of the club, but those bent and barnes links really are bollocks I'm afraid. Barnes was rumoured to be going here there and everywhere in Jan and there is suprisingly little traffic out there about Bent at the minute. ...

I'm assuming that by 'traffic' you means NewsNow and the like. What I'm telling you about Bent is not based on this - the traffic follows the event, not the other way around. We'll soon find out if your 'bollocks' comment is justified.

As for Barnes in January, a deal was in place for him to go to Spurs, but Derby tried playing fast and loose at the very last minute (almost literally) and tried to bounce the club into paying more than had been agreed. Daniel Levy (Spurs chairman) refused and the transfer window snapped shut. Since then the arrangement has been resurrected. Again, call it bollocks if you wish.

The other fans posting on here debate is one which has been held in off topic numerous times and one which you can restart if you wish.

Please can everyone (Villa fans and otherwise) remember that this thread is to discuss transfer specualtion relating to Villa. I couldn't give a toss who Spurs will or won't sign and we certainly don't need this thread clogged up with 10 pages about Spurs.

This is the final warning, if this thread goes off topic again it will be locked!

Just worth posting this now, seeing as silly season has started. In January, we warned that if people are caught out posting, basdically, bollocks in here to do with hearing things just to create a stir, then we will ban. We were kind in January, we didn't do so, but I've noticed one member who did do such a thing as beginning to do it again. So I'll recommend that you stop it. ta.

Funny how none of the media have got onto this story. I'm sorry but I don't buy it.

Do you buy any rumours?

Just because it doesn't appear in the media doesn't mean its not happening!