Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Does anyone have the goals/minute stats for premiership strikers this season?

Surely that will end the petty squable?

Here is my humble feed:

Drogba - 2946 minutes - 20 goals (0,407)

Henry - 1474 - 10 goals (0,407)

Viduka - 2084 - 14 goals (0,403)

Keane - 1659 - 11 goals (0,398)

Ronaldo - 2783 - 17 goals (0,366)

McCarthy - 3050 - 18 goals (0,354)

Doyle - 2469 - 13 goals (0,316)

Defoe - 1935 - 10 goals (0,310)

Saha - 1630 - 8 goals (0,294)

Rooney - 2923 - 14 goals (0,287)

D. Bent - 2863 - 13 goals (0,272)

Berbatov - 2715 - 12 goals (0,265)

Martins - 2863 - 11 goals (0,23)

Gilberto - 2933 - 10 goals (0,204)

Lampard - 3244 - 11 goals (0,203)

Taylor - 2686 - 8 goals (0,178)

Agbonlahor - 3325 - 9 goals (0,162)

Thank you Rocafella, you're a Legend. (where did you find them?)

End of discussion. Or do those stats not count because 'that's not the way it's done'?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or do those stats not count because 'that's not the way it's done'?

Or because you have to take into account

a. Penalties

b. If other players had been on the pitch they would have done better :lol:

I went into the Fantasy league stats and just divided total goals / minutes played x 60 :) They should be correct even though I might have missed a few players and mistyped some numbers.

From this season we can easily say that Viduka is probably worth signing as a reserve, Keane and Defoe are hard to tell due to their short run of minutes, Bent plays for a crap club and could finish higher if he played for someone better, Berbatov/Rooney are class because of contribution otherwise and Martins haven't scored as many as he probably should have. A striker can score 8 goals in a 10 games, before slumping and scoring 0 in the next 15. Let's say a striker gets these 8 in 10 and don't play much after that because of various reasons, he can still look like a great player. Like I said, statistics isn't enough to judge a player, especially not after just one season.

I went into the Fantasy league stats and just divided total goals / minutes played x 60 :) They should be correct even though I might have missed a few players and mistyped some numbers.

.........................statistics isn't enough to judge a player, especially not after just one season.

1) Now that's dedication, BOF might need to watch his back :winkold:

2) I bet if we looked back over Defoe's career we'd see a similar story. I've never really rated him but he continues to prove me wrong year on year and I'd be more than happy if he could continue that trend at the Villa.

From this season we can easily say that Viduka is probably worth signing as a reserve, Keane and Defoe are hard to tell due to their short run of minutes, Bent plays for a crap club and could finish higher if he played for someone better, Berbatov/Rooney are class because of contribution otherwise and Martins haven't scored as many as he probably should have. A striker can score 8 goals in a 10 games, before slumping and scoring 0 in the next 15. Let's say a striker gets these 8 in 10 and don't play much after that because of various reasons, he can still look like a great player. Like I said, statistics isn't enough to judge a player, especially not after just one season.

Can i just say i was told I was full of crap (overly harsh imo) because I repeated something I had read in a national newspaper (a shit one to be fair) stating that Big Sam would look to offload martins when he takes the NUFC job. Apparently cos Big Sam would be 'mad' to let his 'best' striker go. Given Sams take on football there could be any reason he doesnt fancy Martins like workrate, lack of discipline (in that martins is an instinctive player and not very positionally disciplined, not in regard to professional discipline).

Just to understand that......... 1935 minutes is 21.5 matches.

So slightly under a goal every other game, or 0.47 goals a game.

Is that right???

yes, I think Roca multiplied by 60 rather than 90, but the list is at the very least in order.

Is that right???

I thought you were highlighting the fact that Jermaine Defoe scored 10 goals in 1935, which would really put question marks as to why MON seemingly wants him..... :lol:

Were you around to see those goals JG???? :winkold: :lol:

Is that right???

yes, I think Roca multiplied by 60 rather than 90, but the list is at the very least in order.

I just realized that myself, let me fix it

although i rate defoe very highly i still believe gabby or luke could do a similar job and i don't think he is the right sort of striker we need.

IMO i'd like to see viduka brought in on a free.

He can do a similar role to carew and score goals.

I'd be happy to see any front 2 combo from a group of viduka/carew/moore/gabby