Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

He does not have a choice if someone offers 9m. as if they are not in europe which they won't be he can go for that.

i would snap him up for that. if we can pay 9m for young (which i think is good business btw - despite what fat andy gray thinks). But to get back to my point- Owen is not a gamble at 9m - he is proven and would be great playing with john carew - he'd get 25 goals for us i am sure.

i too think Owen is one of the world's most underated players. it no longer seems fashionable to 'just be a goal scorer' - well last time i checked is that not quite fundamental to the principles of the game?!

so it short - if Owen would like to leave a little club like Newcastle and come to a big one like villa then i'd be putting his number on my shirt in a flash!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheperd's comments are interesting and seem to suggest two things:-

1) There is a£9m release clause

and

2) A lesser club than the top four has offered it.

Thinking about it though - if his clause is about going if they aint in Europe, will he come to a club that aint in Europe either?

He is probably going to Spurs... :winkold:

A very good, and plausible team for next season?

GK: Sorensen

DR: Juan (plays for Leverkusen - has been a regular for them, but they haven't had a great season. He might want a move, and since we've got the cash, why not make an offer?)

DL: Bouma

DC: Laursen

DC: Mellberg

MR: Ribery (Marseille - he's going to be a wanted man this summer, but perhaps MON can charm him? If not, how about Govou - Carew could put a good word in?)

ML: Young

MC: Sissoko (Liverpool - they've just signed some awesome defensive mid from Gremio, plus they already have Alonso and Mascherano. Why not give this a go?)

MC: Barry

SC: Carew

SC: Owen (release clause 9M - @ a small club (!), gettable if none of the big clubs want him)

Hows this sound for a new first team? Obviously we'd have Gabby, Petrov etc in rotation

Just had a look on the BBC and we have the 4th best home defensive record this season and currently the 6th best away defensive record. Amazing given that most of us feel that we need to add more quality to it whether it be right back or centre back. Goes to show that we aren't far off. Add a quality striker or if Gabby keeps firing and we will be a very good side next season. I would still like Defoe I have decided now!

He does not have a choice if someone offers 9m. as if they are not in europe which they won't be he can go for that.

i would snap him up for that. if we can pay 9m for young (which i think is good business btw - despite what fat andy gray thinks). But to get back to my point- Owen is not a gamble at 9m - he is proven and would be great playing with john carew - he'd get 25 goals for us i am sure.

i too think Owen is one of the world's most underated players. it no longer seems fashionable to 'just be a goal scorer' - well last time i checked is that not quite fundamental to the principles of the game?!

so it short - if Owen would like to leave a little club like Newcastle and come to a big one like villa then i'd be putting his number on my shirt in a flash!

Maybe offer Luke Moore and some cash for Owen, I reakon Fat bastard Fred would take that

Can't see Owen leaving Newcastle for us even if we did offer 9million - why would he do that when we are very unlikely to be able to offer European football next season as well. I think he'll stay there for at least another season...won't do his reputation any good if he leaves after a handful of games

Next season we might as well have a worse count of goals in the back of our net, but we are also going to defend better. Defending is much more than just goals let in, it's about how we attack, how many we score and how much we dare going forward.

I won't use Tottenham as an example, their defense has been utterly poor this season, but they score goals and are going to qualify for Europe. With a better defense they would have challenged Arsenal for the 4th spot.

Anyone hear fat freds comments on the radio today? Some liverpool fans asked if they could have owen back, he said for 9m he'd carry him there! then he realised he were being recorded and he backtracked.

Bollocks!

Anyone hear fat freds comments on the radio today? Some liverpool fans asked if they could have owen back, he said for 9m he'd carry him there! then he realised he were being recorded and he backtracked.

heres a video of the incident - Click

Next season we might as well have a worse count of goals in the back of our net, but we are also going to defend better. Defending is much more than just goals let in, it's about how we attack, how many we score and how much we dare going forward.

I won't use Tottenham as an example, their defense has been utterly poor this season, but they score goals and are going to qualify for Europe. With a better defense they would have challenged Arsenal for the 4th spot.

Is this code for saying that next season we need a better goal difference or like an attempt by Johan Cruyff to seem like George Bernard Shaw or Confucius by saying something like 'attack is the best form of defence'.

Owen would be a Dream! but i don't think the man will do the dirty on Newcastle, unless there is more than we know going on up there. just imagine Micheal Owen in a Villa shirt........ Can't.....

Fowler for a season, he could teach Moore, Gabby and Young a few things.

I think Fowler would be a great signing.

Fowler..not a sniff

i can't see how anyone would want him judging on his performances this season

he makes Bellamy look like David Villa

he's well out of his depth at Liverpool and for me will be lucky to get another premiership team come the end of the season