Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

No he never spent more time than Bent and Ashton playing in the league as Bury weren't in the Championship. Check your facts son. What have I been found out as? Please tell?

Wrong again, Crewe have been up and down between the Championship and League 1 for ages and Ashton spent at least one season playing in league 1,

Incidently CyberVillan, when did I say that Nugent was better than Gabby or Luke? I can't remember but seeing that you have more time than me can you check and let me know.

Well you certainly have "enough time" on your hands to answer my posts in vain :roll:

But he still never spent more time than them in the league than either of them and if we are being pedantic Nugent played for Bury in League 2 which is lower than League 1. Like how you only choose to answer certain questions so I wont write my questions from my previous post again as it is a waste of time with you.

Why on earth does it matter if he's spent less time in the championship anyway?, you still don't understand what i was saying, i said he's spent more time in the 'football league' (i.e league 2 through to the championship) then both Bent and Ashton did before they moved, the bottom line is Nugent has been in the championship for close to 3 years and still no-one has made a move, if you want us to sign Nugent i'd be inclined to think you feel he's better than Luke and Gabby because he'd be taking one of their places wouldn't he?, that's the answer to your "previous question"!!.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched a lot of PNE at university and Nugent is probably better than both of them at taking a chance, Gabby and Luke rely on pace more but that is becoming increasingly important in the game.

So he will take 6 months longer than Ashton and Bent to get to the big league, big deal. As I said Cahill took 7 years and I don't see what position has to do with it, it still took 7 years for someone to take a punt on him. It ain't about how long it takes you to get somewhere it is about what you do when you get there, if you saw Nugent against Saints on Monday and how he took his goal I'm confident that he will be a success in the Premier, he is a clever player.

How can he be a "better finisher than both of them" when he plays at a lower level than both Luke and Gabby?, Luke last season had 8 goals in 15 starts and had scored home and away against the best defence of that season and is still the only away player to score a hattrick at Boro, Gabby has as i've mentioned before scored against the top three with class finishes, if Nugent is such a "good finisher" why did he go around 15 games without a goal this season and why isn't he top of the scoring charts?, we might as well sign Chopra according to your logic, sorry but i still think our club should be aiming higher than the likes of Nugent.

How can he be a "better finisher than both of them" when he plays at a lower level than both Luke and Gabby?, Luke last season had 8 goals in 15 starts and had scored home and away against the best defence of that season and is still the only away player to score a hattrick at Boro, Gabby has as i've mentioned before scored against the top three with class finishes, if Nugent is such a "good finisher" why did he go around 15 games without a goal this season and why isn't he top of the scoring charts?, we might as well sign Chopra according to your logic, sorry but i still think our club should be aiming higher than the likes of Nugent.

Doesn't mean they will come though.

Past buys, Bent etc have shown that players from one league down do ok.

Gabby and Luke are totally different players to Nugent anyway. I see Nugent as a more Carew esque player. I think Cyber Villians initial point was that signing Nugent would be a bit pointless as we have a lot of players with potential. Indeed, we payed around 8 million for potenital in the transfer window. If we are going to buy a new striker in the summer, i would really want a more "proven" player. However, to buy a "proven" player costs a lot, look at how much Andy Johnson cost Everton!

Hold on to your golf clubs lads the new Nick Faldo is on his way!! :D

EXCLUSIVE: BENITEZ WILL ACCEPT VILLA'S SUMMER BID FOR BELLAMY

By John Cross 10/03/2007

ASTON VILLA boss Martin O'Neill has been told he can sign Liverpool's bad boy striker Craig Bellamy this summer.

O'Neill made an enquiry for Bellamy during the January transfer window and Liverpool insisted he was not for sale - but Villa were told to come back at the end of the season.

It shows that Bellamy could be on his way out of Anfield in the summer after just one roller-coaster season following his £6million move to Liverpool from Blackburn.

Bellamy is playing for his Anfield future after his golf club bust-up with teammate John Arne Riise and boss Rafa Benitez may be ready to offload him at the end of the season.

It seems like Mon is still a big fan of Bells, if he plays for us like he did for Blackburn then i wouldn't have a problem with him tbh,

I'd be very pleased if this one comes off, i think he's a brilliant player and at 23 years old can still improve, Kone has been linked with Arsenal and Manure strongly recently so he's no fool, very strong and skillfull player who's finishing has been deadly lately, he would be great alongside Carew, it will be interesting to see him against the scousers in the champs league.

Like no doubt many of you I have been an admirer of Arouna Kone for very many years, have followed his trajectory with Lierse (1991-1994), Roda (1994-1998) and PSV (1998-). A regular viewer of Belgian and Dutch league matches on TV, I have to say however that 5 goals in 24 outings with the Ivory Coast national team isn't very impressive.

The rest of you have no doubt seen more of him than me.

Like no doubt many of you I have been an admirer of Arouna Kone for very many years, have followed his trajectory with Lierse (1991-1994), Roda (1994-1998) and PSV (1998-). A regular viewer of Belgian and Dutch league matches on TV, I have to say however that 5 goals in 24 outings with the Ivory Coast national team isn't very impressive.

The rest of you have no doubt seen more of him than me.

I only heard about Kone towards the end of his time at Roda where he was scoring goals for fun, he had a slowish start to his Psv Career and he was missing a few chances here and there but the talent was obvious and now he's really on fire, his skills are a joy to watch, i for one hope the link is true because for me he'll get even better and be a major player sooner or later, even Drogba never was that good at his age so who knows, i'm sure his international goal stats will improve also, he often plays out wide for ivory coast from what i've seen.