Walk for Kids

Dante_Lockhart

After we lost Gabriel we decided to raise some money for Russells Hall Hospital, so we did the Black Country walk yesterday. Walked from the Molineux to Himley, then back through Penn to the stadium.

13 miles. My feet are sore.

Took me 5 1/2 hours (taking out the stoppages for toilet breaks and lunch). Quite happy with that considering it was a fairly brisk walk. Totally underestimated just how far it was. I think I was thinking in KM rather than Miles.

Anyone else done it? Still taking donations, large and small, if anyone is feeling generous.

http://www.justgiving.com/freeradio-bla-Sara-Lyndel-6905

Yeah the missus had a 'late miscarriage' at the end of February, around 22/23 weeks. Basically a premature birth. Little dude came out kicking but didn't stand a chance. Was rough. We were both off work for a couple of weeks whilst we grieved. Had a funeral for him and got some good donations to the charity that helped us through it.

So the walk and what is was for made sense to us.

Thanks. It's OK. Been 3 months now. Unfortunately there was no explanation, 'Just one of those things' which is a phrase I have come to despise. 2 miscarriages now within a year of each other so we're going to hang fire until next year and try again (under supervision of a consultant who will book in more regular scans and checks)

Sorry to hear that Dante, that's horrible.

I did the Birmingham one a few weeks back, 26 miles. It took 9 hours. Stupidly, I really thought it was going to be a doddle, but I was nearly in tears at the finish line. I was practically crawling the last few miles. For a great cause though.

Â