Age of Empires HD Edition

YLN

This was released recently on Steam. It's the same game as that from 15 years ago, but is just a little bit prettier. I grew up on this game. Playing it multiplayer for 16 hours/day at weekends. Serious nostalgia for me. I'm downloading it now from Steam. Pretty excited. Anyone an AOE player from way back when. We should try to get a VT game going sometime.

I loved this game back in the day.

We actually had it installed on our primary school computers. I have no idea how that happened, but we used to have multiplayer sessions on our lunch breaks and before school started in the mornings  :D

• Like 1

Loved the first two Age of Empires games, along with the Conquerors expansion for the second one.  Started playing the latter again two or three years ago and got pretty good at it, but don't think I've played at all since.  Tempted to have a go with this, but don't have too much spare time at the moment and I know I'd get sucked in!

• Like 1

I had such hard on for building walls. I'd wall the shit out of my town. Like, 4 layers of defensive walls. Breaking into my town was a **** chore.

Haha same shit here. And I'd build guard towers like every 2 meters along the wall as well  :P

• 3 weeks later...

I loved this game back in the day.

We actually had it installed on our primary school computers. I have no idea how that happened, but we used to have multiplayer sessions on our lunch breaks and before school started in the mornings  :D

:D We used to have Warcraft installed on the computers at school when I was in secondary school. Memories.

Anyway, I think they should give AOE1 a remake (not just a graphical makeover, like they've done with AOE2)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â